Solheim Cup

Bingalau 01:22 24 Aug 2009

I think the European team had hard luck in their efforts to win it in the USA. I watched most of it and was delighted with the show they put on. They played golf with skill the men's teams don't seem to have. Their putting was wonderful to watch. Some good looking ladies there too. Both teams did their countries proud. There didn't seem to be much coverage of the occasion in the media.

Chegs ®™ 06:27 24 Aug 2009

I love playing virtual golf,have never felt the need to try real golfing though.

I also admit to not knowing that the solheim cup related to golf and was a surprise to find it was a ladies golf tournament.

newman35 07:39 24 Aug 2009

I sometimes wonder where the 'virtual' world will take future generations.
There will possibly be no need to ever leave your own house to 'play' any game!

Why do I find this bad? Probably because exercise and social mixing will disappear, to the detriment of all. I accept that this 'virtual world' could be a boon to a disabled person who may be unable to get out, but in general it's surely not good.

Why not get out and give the 'real' thing a go? You might enjoy.

Bingalau 09:01 24 Aug 2009

newman35. I agree with that. There's a lot to be gained from joining a club of some sort, be it golf or playing cards. You meet lots of nice people and if it's an outdoor pursuit such as walking or golf you are getting exercise and fresh air. My wife always used to say she knew where to find me. That was either on the golf course or on that B....y computer. The computer is the cheaper of those two options by the way. I quit golf when the green fees shot through the roof one year. But the people I met are still friends.

Chegs ®™ 12:42 24 Aug 2009

I have made hundreds of friends around the world through playing virtual golf is one reason I dont play the real thing,and the other reason is as has been pointed out,exhorbitant green fees.

On a side note,back in the 70's our golf course was farmland with a "pond" within(even further back in time there were several mines dug in the area)this area was opencast mined in the early 80's,and turned into a golf course a few years ago.The towns planners stipulated that the golf course must be screened so recently,the owners have installed huge earth banks around it.The nearby residents are complaining(as are many more people)as these banks have destroyed the view of the fells and across the open countryside from anywhere in that area and the view WAS very picturesque.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires