So what do you make of this then?

Cymro. 10:48 22 Mar 2010

click here

Here is one that will make your day for you, some of you that is.
As for myself, well those of you who are regular on this forum will know that I think it wrong that this man has been attacked in this way. But then I am the "namby pamby liberal" of the forum and don`e expect many of you to agree with me.

birdface 10:59 22 Mar 2010

It should never have happened.
They should have brought hanging back for people like him.
Only my opinion.

Cymro. 11:04 22 Mar 2010

I think that is already very well covered in another thread already running on here
click here
Does not pay to brag
But then I am also very much against capital punishment so can`t agree with you on that either.

Kevscar1 11:59 22 Mar 2010

Of course it,s wrong but because he has the human rights he denied his victims they can,t keep him locked away 24/7.
He only has himself to blame so sorry I can't feel any sympathy for him.

robgf 12:06 22 Mar 2010

You cant really have it both ways, if prisons are going to be run in a "namby pamby liberal" way, then the freedom will enable prisoners to misuse the system and obtain knives, drugs etc. And attack other prisoners if they wish.

The alternative is a very strict regime in the prison, which would reduce, but not stop abuse.

I would prefer the strict system myself, as it should be cheaper to run. But I don't think it would make any difference to offending rates. Some people are just bad, if you treat them strictly they ignore it and if you are soft they take advantage.

Cymro. 12:09 22 Mar 2010

Actually I don`t feel any sympathy for him either but I can`t condone what has happened. This man was in the care of the prison authorities and it was their job to see to it that this sort of thing can`t happen.

Kevscar1 12:17 22 Mar 2010

You obviously didn't see the piece on sky this morning because he has his human rights they can,t keep him locked up 24/7, and as was stated it only takes the guard to be distrcted for a second, couple of rowdy prisoners deliberatly kicking off, for someone to step in and attack him. 3 officers stabbed there last week 1 still in hospital so no doubt they were short staffed as well.

Cymro. 12:24 22 Mar 2010

It is a difficult situation for everyone. I just hope there was no "turning a blind eye" by the prison warders. Many of our prisons are in a bad way and this one in particular has had a lot of problems of late. The prison officers and their trade union are also a very militant lot and have given successive governments problems over the years.

peter99co 12:25 22 Mar 2010

He seems to want to end it all. Maybe he will get his wish one day. Perhaps he provokes the other prisoners.

Kevscar1 14:12 22 Mar 2010

Hangs head in shame. An uncivilised violent barbarian agreeing with a namby pamby liberal. Can I ever live this down. Must suppress the urge to stroke fluffy bunnies.

johndrew 14:16 22 Mar 2010

A bit like feeling sympathy for those on trial at Nuremberg after WW2. At least many of those found guilty got what they deserved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017