So thats it,I'm an oldie.

missingit 10:43 22 Apr 2007

On page 25 of this months mag,a small item entitled," Mobile phone for oldies out".

Has a hearing aid compatible speaker,has a large emergency button?? a large keypad, fonts etc etc.

Good, now I know what to get as an upgrade from my SGH-E900.

Does it come with a hearing aid I wonder?

missingit (age 53).

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:49 22 Apr 2007

Yes sounded good to me too.

I need one with a large screen and big fonts so I can see who's calling without having to put on the reading glasses.
Those small keys I find very irritating, have gone back to an older Nokia because of the better keypad.

johndrew 11:52 22 Apr 2007

As we all get there eventually, the marketing is a good ploy. Now all they need to add is a voice activated flashing light and beeper to help find it when you can`t remember where you put it down!!!!!

jack 12:03 22 Apr 2007

When I had a mobile- I asked my Network[Vodaphone]
to block text messages- simply because I could not read them without reading specs., and I was not interested enough to go to the hassle.

I no longer have a functional mobile.
That is the instrument is/was networked to PAG, and as I have not used it for more than a year I guess I will have been closed down long ago.

Jim Thing 12:04 22 Apr 2007

"Now all they need to add is a voice activated flashing light and beeper to help find it when you can`t remember where you put it down!!!!!"

LOL. Nice one, johndrew. Spot on!

Jim Thing 12:18 22 Apr 2007

Aye, for Wrinkled Persons, life is possible without having a mobile phone grafted on to the side of one's face. My late wife was given a mobile by a family member for use in emergencies. She never used it. It has now lived in a drawer of my filing cabinet for almost two years and I've never used it either — in fact I've just been to check that it's still there.

Admittedly I've occasionally felt that it would have been handy for phoning my daughter to ask "Why am I in Tesco's?"

spuds 12:56 22 Apr 2007

When you get old and feeble, and your eye sight, hearing, mind and heart deteriorates, you do not need a pocket to put a mobile phone in. You need a rather large suitcase, so that your mobile device accommodates all those 'bigger' needed extras ;O)

missingit 14:49 22 Apr 2007

excuse me,I posted,tongue in cheek.
I do not need large this and that,or a compatible hearing aid thingy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?