So, are you a good driver?

packettracer 14:50 28 Jul 2006

I know i have a few bad driving habits, some i should not have at all!
I can drive all vehicles on the road including HGV(LGV)PCV & Tanks. And have over the years done various advanced driving courses in all types of vehicles.

But these days i get behind the wheel and turn from a pleasent person to an angry motorist, do others get like this?

Sethhaniel 15:03 28 Jul 2006

I drive her to distraction.....
but I can't find it on the map!!!

skeletal 15:12 28 Jul 2006

Oh boy...this thread is due for some fun!!

Those reading one of the “bugging you” threads will know I drive a BMW, therefore I am a perfect driver:-)))

Wait for 1000s of responses...

Lucky no one knows where I live...

One funny thing I came across a little while ago on a driving course: The presenter asked who in the audience thought they were better than the average driver. Out of about 20 people, I think it was only 2 who did not put up their hands. Thus around 90% think they are better than average.

And here’s me thinking that 90% are worse than average...

Skeletal

PS I bet you don't get cut up in a tank!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:26 28 Jul 2006

So, are you a good driver?

Of course I am

Its all those other drivers that are bad.

:0)

Sethhaniel 15:30 28 Jul 2006

and I still drive like a madman ;)

But a safe one ;)

Like big cars that do the buisness

TonyV 16:29 28 Jul 2006

The thing that annoys me more than anything regarding fellow motorists is the clowns who cannot find the lever on the left hand side of the steering column that lets other people know where they are going. It is called an Indicator Stalk. Islands are classics. It seems to me that we have to be a mind reader to determine where and when people are going to leave an island. It really doesn't take long to click the indicator stalk to let the world and his wife know their intentions!

Equally so, I am convinced that a lot of drivers who are driving at dusk have the distinct impression that the power used for powering the lights on their car comes from the National Power Companies and they have to pay for using the car lights!

TonyV

packettracer 16:53 28 Jul 2006

Surprisingly no, people seem to keep their distance when your in a tank. Even better when the tank commander turns the turret round to face them.

This however has to be done carefully as not to take out road signs, lamposts or telegraph poles! Or passing vehicles!!

SB23 16:56 28 Jul 2006

I consider myself to be "not perfect", but 2 little bumps in 22 years has to say something.

skeletal 18:03 28 Jul 2006

Oh boy oh boy!!

Get me a tank!

Skeletal

namtas 18:26 28 Jul 2006

Get me a tank! How my sense of humour is tempted to reply to this.

oresome 18:28 28 Jul 2006

"but 2 little bumps in 22 years has to say something."

Slow developer?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?