snow covered cars

carver 11:47 23 Jan 2015
Answered

This is the worst I have seen but the amount of people who drive about with snow covering their cars is ridicules.

It's just plain stupidity and with that level of brain usage they should receive a driving ban because they clearly can not see the danger they pose to other road users.

Quickbeam 12:15 23 Jan 2015
Answer

It's no worse that those that read the paper in thick fog because there's nothing to see ahead.

john bunyan 12:30 23 Jan 2015

I wonder how many people with garages actually use them for cars? I bet less than 50%

carver 15:55 23 Jan 2015

Quickbeam , thank you for making a crap day good again.

bumpkin 16:53 23 Jan 2015

A friend of mine had a block of ice the size of a small suitcase fall from a lorry and go through his windscreen and land on the passenger seat whilst driving down a German autobahn.

john bunyan 16:58 23 Jan 2015

bumpkin

Unlucky to have this happen; lucky it was on the passenger side! A friend had a deliberate concrete block dropped on his car from a road bridge - nearly died.

I have heard of Icy poo from an airline falling from the heavens....

bumpkin 17:17 23 Jan 2015

**A friend had a deliberate concrete block dropped on his car from a road bridge - nearly died.

I hope they caught the morons.

BT 17:47 23 Jan 2015

The RAC were saying earlier this week that you should clear snow from the roof of your car as it can slip down onto the windscreen.

What puzzles me is why he didn't at least use his wipers to clear some of it, and why he's driving in lane 3 and not pulling onto the hard shoulder to clear it.

bumpkin 18:04 23 Jan 2015

wipers probably frozen to the screen but a good example of stupidity.

BillSers 05:02 24 Jan 2015

I always used a broom to clear the stuff. It only takes a couple on minutes.

AroundAgain 09:47 24 Jan 2015

I suspect that amount of snow was originally on his roof when he set off! It's slid down, perhaps when he braked hard but, being in the 'fast' lane and probably in a rush, he's not stopped to clear it - be difficult while driving in that lane ;)

Totally dangerous, of course, and a good example of why you should also clear your roof before driving off.

Hope he got nicked for it!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?