Snooker

rdave13 21:55 01 May 2011
Answered

For some reason I hope Trump wins. Seems that the crowd are leaning that way too judging by the applause.

Forum Editor 22:32 01 May 2011

He is certainly putting on a superb display.

Tomorrow is another day, however, and things can change dramatically.

birdface 22:36 01 May 2011

If he does get beat it will be because of his safety play which can be a bit iffy at times.But he has to be Favorite the way he pot's the balls.

rdave13 22:50 01 May 2011

Trump certainly has the ability to pot the long shots and to play safely. I think Higgins has an up hill struggle even though he's a wiley old fox at the game.

justme 23:53 01 May 2011

Judd Trump certainly has a talent for potting the balls but John Higgins has a track record of coming back from behind to win.

I think that the pressures of the big occassion and the thought of being world champion will tell more on Trump than Higgins, but it should be an interesting days play tomorrow.

Strawballs 08:57 02 May 2011

fourm member That has to be right up there as an all time classic sports comment.

natdoor 11:20 02 May 2011

I did not witness the 'pink next to green' incident. However, if the green was on its spot the comment made perfect sense.

oresome 11:30 02 May 2011
Answer

It doesn't seem as if there is a safe place to put the white with this young man around.

Higgins has a fight on his hand and it should make compelling viewing.

My money is still on Higgins to win with his greater experience of the big event, but either way Trump has made a name for himself and has a career ahead of him to collect titles.

anchor 14:18 02 May 2011

My only comment about the snooker is "when will it end".

Day after day, hours after hours, surely enough is enough. I appreciate there are many snooker fans, but equally there are many others who are not. It seems BBC2 has been taken over by it.

rdave13 15:34 02 May 2011

It ends with tonights final session. Unfortunately I've an early start tomorrow so will have to miss it.

dagbladet 17:40 02 May 2011

"when will it end...surely enough is enough..."

My guess is when one of the finalists gets the requisite 18 frames required to win it. Surely it would be folly to televise a tournament hour after hour, day after day, only to stop it just short of it's conclusion because some whingeing bugger doesn't care for it. Don't you think?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone