Smallest 'proper' PC going?

Dizzy Bob 09:21 01 Mar 2005

This looks quite cool!

click here

Dizzy Bob

Kate B 21:32 01 Mar 2005

We had a bit about in the paper last week and I checked out the site then - it does look nice and cool!

Jackcoms 21:40 01 Mar 2005

Yuk!

And then I looked at the price.

Yuk! Yuk! Pass the barge pole.

josie mayhem 21:58 01 Mar 2005

It's too small, watch a movie on it, you'll must be joking!

I ware glasses for computer work as it is, but with this, I would need a magnifying glass.

NO I don't like it, and the cost even puts me off more, just imagine what specs you would get if you brought a latop, a flipping good one, and change to buy serval dvd's to watch toboot.

Forum Editor 00:21 02 Mar 2005

with interest (it's been a couple of years in the making), and I wish it luck in the market. My own view is that the selling price will operate against it - as josie mayhem says. you could buy a very nice laptop for a lot less.

Very small computers aren't new. Some years ago I used a Toshiba Libretto, and I loved it. The Libretto drew admiring glances wherever I went. With its 7.1 inch full-colour screen this was the world's smallest fully-specified Pentium computer, and was no larger than an average-sized paperback book. Unfortunately the world moved on, and my Libretto began to feel very slow. I regularly see them on Ebay, and I'm often tempted to bid for one, just for old times sake; I have rarely enjoyed a computer as much as I did when I had the Libretto, and I would certainly like to get my hands on one of these OQO's.

speedy12 03:45 02 Mar 2005

ooooo, now we're talkin! 1ghz!! its soo small

recap 09:17 02 Mar 2005

Even as a replacement for a PDA, it's a little expensive, nice though.

Buchan 35 00:21 09 Mar 2005

How expensive can it get. I`ve just gone onto the `Buy` page to see how much, and it wouldn`t let me go back. It`s whats going to happen and people like josie mayhem , myself, and a few others who wear specs,we are just going to have to invest in a pair of binoculars. I remember many years ago in the RAF a bunch of us in the mess were talking about Video Tape Recorders and I said that in the not too distant future we`d get one the size of a match box.Alas that hasn`t happened yet because the era of DVD has overtaken us, and it`s good. I`m going to stop jawing and finish my wine and hit the sack. Pleasure to have chatted with you. `Night.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?