Smaller Chocolate Bars

laurie53 20:41 30 Jul 2009

The Food Standards Agency want chocolate bars made smaller to stop people eating so much

click here

This surely the nanny state gone mad?

Why stop at chocolate?

Cheese should only be packaged in 8oz sizes, shops could be fined for serving "Double Burger & Fries", and we could ban full cream milk!

Are we going to have chocolate police arresting us for buying two bars?

The public has a right to be told.

Ah, I see. In a couple of months the government will say that we don't want to dictate to people how much chocolate they eat, so you can eat as much as you like, only we'll put a 10% obesity tax on it.

peter99co 21:02 30 Jul 2009

I do agree that Saturated fat should be reduced by 50% in the report.

From the report

"What we are not doing is telling people what to eat.

"What we want to do is to make it easier for people to make healthier choices - to choose foods with reduced saturated fat and sugar - or smaller portion sizes."

I do not think Obese people make choices about what they eat. Anything goes. They are what they eat.

If fatty foods were sold under licence we might get somewhere.

wiz-king 21:21 30 Jul 2009

No Problem.- the manufatures are doing that allready - it's called the grocery shrink ray, click here

spuds 23:00 30 Jul 2009

As fourm member rightly states, chocolate manufacturers have been reducing product sizes for ages. Next time you buy a chocolate bar, check the weight specifications on individual and family packs!.

The same can be said for a number of other commodities, like toilet and kitchen rolls. Width, length and cardboard insert sizes.

Yet the prices seem to increase, and the public thinks there are onto a bargain ;o(

Bingalau 23:07 30 Jul 2009

You rotten lot ... I've just realised I am in need of a bar of hazlenut chocolate right now.. Where's that fridge?

Quickbeam 00:37 31 Jul 2009

Smaller chocolate bars don't work, I just eat two instead, and that means eating more than the one larger one...

Barnacarry 07:03 31 Jul 2009

Quickbeam - propping up the economy all by yourself, eh?

lofty29 09:07 31 Jul 2009

Westons have already done that with their "Wagon Wheels"

Armchair 09:14 31 Jul 2009
  donki 10:00 31 Jul 2009

What a load of absolute garbage, I think they come up with these stupid ideas simply to justify their exsistance. As quickbeam says people willjust buy 2 chocolate bars instead, how is this a viable solution to an obesity problem? Its like lets not sell pints any more lets sell half pints, no more 10 packs of cigs only 5 packs......... Wonder how long it took them to come up with this?

donki 10:11 31 Jul 2009

Just read that articale and its a perfect picture of what has become of the UK, people gettign paid stupid amounts of cash to do nothing. How can a 25 year old woman justify never having a job? I have worked my way through school and uni and went striaght intop a job. I have never claimed a penny in benifit. I will work all my life, pay for my house, try to save as much as I can then when I am old I will lose it all to get put in a home beside someone who has claimed the majority of their life and pay nothing for it. A little off topic but it riles me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?