SkyDigiboxes Auto Standby setting - Solution

lotvic 20:41 04 Dec 2008
Answered

If anyone has noticed their box switching itself onto Standby mode and thought box was on the blink, this feature was part of a recent firmware upgrade (updates come via the satellite signal, and not via your telephone line)

The box goes into Standby mode after a couple of hours of no buttons being pressed. It is only supposed to happen during the night, but mine was doing it during the day as well.

It can be turned off - go onto services and select the 'auto standby' function, don't forget to save the changed setting.

Phew, I was mightily pleased to discover it wasn't the box on the blink :)

Woolwell 21:14 04 Dec 2008

Thank you. It had us puzzled as neither of us could remember switching it to standby!

rodriguez 23:25 04 Dec 2008

That had me as well and I looked it up a couple of weeks ago just after the update came out. Nice of Sky to tell us about this, but oh well. It's good for saving energy if you forget to switch the box off, but if you don't have Sky+ and set a VCR or DVD recorder to tape a programme and the box goes into standby it's pretty useless.

lotvic 00:35 05 Dec 2008
Answer

yup, that's what happened to me - VCR and missed a couple of good films through it :(

amonra 20:41 05 Dec 2008

What a chance find, just called the wife a liar for having switched off the box. I've now got to go and grovel and admit I MAY have been wrong.........
I'm not always right, but I'm seldom wrong !!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?