sky tv giving me a refund

conrail 21:02 03 Feb 2015

thought this might make you all smile: received a letter from sky, starting 'Dear Harry', not 'Dear Mr ', telling me I had a refund, we left sky 19 Sept 2008,letter give me a telephone number to ring to give my details, being suspicious I telephoned sky direct, not using the number given and surprise surprise, I am owed a refund so they are sending me out a cheque, after all this time dare I ask for interest?

QuizMan 22:24 03 Feb 2015

conrail you must be one of the lucky ones. In my experience Sky works on the basis of "if you don't ask, you don't get"

I have had a double modicum of success with them this week. First, they up-graded my phone package (slightly) after the briefest of discussions. Secondly, I finally got a new router from them free, this being after months of wrangling. I have had the old one since Sky Broadband first launched and I was an early adopter. In both cases, I asked and I got.

conrail 20:33 04 Feb 2015

thanks for comment QuizMan, I thought it was scam at first that's why I rang direct rather than the number on the letter

conrail 15:35 06 Feb 2015

Refund arrived today, only 6 1/2 years late

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?