SKY takes over o2 using Yahoo servers

Dragon_Heart 16:42 27 Apr 2015

Just contacted Sky through their website with the following message "DONT send email as after two days of attempting to get a password reminder for my 'old' o2 email account Sky do not actually run the servers on which my emails are kept. o2 cant / wont help so lost 1 months worth of important emails. Following Sky chat changed email to Sky.com but now I eventually find Sky do not run servers for Sky mail but Yahoo do ..... and their servers are down and have been so for some considerable time. Does ANY broadband provider host email on their OWN servers ? Will I be getting a reduction in my bill for the lost time I have wasted and YES please supply a MAC code by another means than email AS YOURS DOES NOT WORK !!!!!!!! "

Shall I move to PlusNet for my Broadband / Anytime calls package ... but wait they are owned / run by BT.

Does any broadband supplier host EVERYTHING 'in house' ? Its easy to say 'not my fault' as servers are down and we have no control over them. SSE have a good looking package deal but who runs it for them ?

Its clear the UK's broadband market is in a mess which has not been improved with all these takeovers. The real problem is the big boys take over the small ones customer base but not the servers, they just collect the cash from us :-( OK rant over

Devil Fish 23:52 02 May 2015

try o2 website for password reminder you should still be able to pick up your emails off the web mail server on o2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?