Site errors

Al94 18:11 25 Sep 2012
Answered

Keep getting site errors today and have been unable to post so far, trying again. Anyone else experiencing this?

morddwyd 07:14 26 Sep 2012

I understand about the problems of popularity, and spamming etc., abd maybe I've got my rose tints on again, but I don't recall problems like this before the site upgrade.

simonjary 08:03 26 Sep 2012

Morddwyd,

Before the site upgrade we had half the traffic we are now getting.

We are looking into making the site and the forums more efficient, and we have some developments underway to improve site performance.

Simon

carver 09:47 26 Sep 2012

The unescapeHtml method was not found.
Either there are no methods with the specified method name and argument types or the unescapeHtml method is overloaded with argument types that ColdFusion cannot decipher reliably. ColdFusion found 0 methods that match the provided arguments. If this is a Java object and you verified that the method exists, use the javacast function to reduce ambiguity.

The error occurred in D:/websites/SharedResources/XSiteComponents/tools/SharedFunctions.cfc: line 62 Called from D:/websites/SharedResources/XSiteComponents/service/UserService.cfc: line 404 Called from D:/websites/SharedResources/XSiteComponents/facade/RegistrationFacade.cfc: line 76 Called from D:/websites/www.techadvisor.co.uk/handlers/Main.cfc: line 202 Called from D:/websites/www.techadvisor.co.uk/coldbox/system/web/Controller.cfc: line 699 Called from D:/websites/www.techadvisor.co.uk/coldbox/system/web/Controller.cfc: line 584 Called from D:/websites/www.techadvisor.co.uk/coldbox/system/Coldbox.cfc: line 404 Called from D:/websites/www.techadvisor.co.uk/Application.cfc: line 112

60 :
61 :
62 : return createObject("java","org.apache.commons.lang.StringEscapeUtils").unescapeHtml(str); 63 :
64 :

Tried to log onto site earlier and this is all I could get for 20 minutes until I gave up, seems OK now apart from I have to log in every time I visit site.

Is it anything that's wrong from my side?

Al94 10:12 26 Sep 2012

No, it's been that way since yesterday, maybe fixed now?

sunnystaines 10:27 26 Sep 2012

the refresh button fixes the problem for me.

muddypaws 11:07 26 Sep 2012

"We are looking into making the site and the forums more efficient, and we have some developments underway to improve site performance.

Simon"

With all due respect I have to ' Oh dear'

carver 11:10 26 Sep 2012

muddypaws it's not the end of the world and if the improvements work then we all benefit

muddypaws 11:44 26 Sep 2012

carver

Yes I know. Just a bit of uncalled for ' tongue in cheek' by me. Apologies to Simon.

Forum Editor 14:26 26 Sep 2012

From my point of view the site seems to be running good and fast today.

woodchip 18:00 26 Sep 2012

The Problem I have and as not changed in years, is that it will only fully load Pages with Java Script turned off. Pleas Why is this using 98se or XP home. I had to turn it off to log in to My Posts, it also happens in threads

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017