Simply the best?

The Mountaineer 16:16 13 Nov 2009

During the last five weeks, living in Malware City, better known as Kathmandu I have been assisted, educated, entertained, befriended and ..... intimidated via the forums and forum members of PCA. I have been assisted with trojan removal, hijacks, error messages, purchasing a new laptop, and system restore problems. I have been educated about Registry Key changes. I have been entertained by the Speakers Corner forum, especially the spat that occurred over clicking on links that took you to sponsored sites, or something like that. Equally, the feeling of intimidation was awesome on this topic as probably everyone except the poor sod who kept arguing could feel the sword of Damoclese wielded by the Forum Editor, descending to apply a red card! I wanted to post to warn him but daren't!
The point of my post? As I now sit at home awaiting the arrival of my new quad core Dell laptop,simply to assert that this is the best set of forums on the web, bar none, for guidance when you are in desperate straits. Anybody disagree?

shellship 17:15 13 Nov 2009

Nope. Mind you, wouldn't dare to disagree because of Damoclese's sword (aka as FE's Red Card). Might get my head chopped off. Great forum and so helpful and amusing.

Forum Editor 18:11 13 Nov 2009

bar none, for guidance when you are in desperate straits."

Thank you - we'll certainly settle for that, it's the primary purpose of the forum after all. Speakers Corner is something we added in response to requests from our members, and I must say I think they were right. The sword of Damocles doesn't descend that often nowadays, and when it does there's always a chance of a reprieve - life's too short.

nangadef 19:02 13 Nov 2009

I agree, but it should come with a 'class A' warning - very addictive ;-)

wiz-king 20:13 13 Nov 2009

"The sword of Damocles" - I thought it was a solid silver mouse, deleting for the use of. Must be one of them there shapeshifters.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?