Sight Problems (4)

morddwyd 20:07 07 Dec 2011

Not such a good Christmas after all.

Just been recalled for another series of eyeball injections starting next Monday, as my macula disease has started up again in the right eye.

Still, they worked for a year the last time (the left eye series have, so far, worked for two years) so hopefully its progress will be delayed again.

daz60 22:46 07 Dec 2011

Sorry to hear about that,for myself,i do not suffer from this ailment but my sight will eventually dissipate,i use very strong lenses.Looking at one of the web sites i see that maybe stem cell research could afford the means of providing a cure.

Experience of one young man who has undergone treatment for a cancer using stem cell research ,with a certain degree of success, leaves me optimistic that this is the way forward for medical research.

morddwyd 23:01 07 Dec 2011

Some of the stem cell research is very promising.

Brumas 23:07 07 Dec 2011

morddwyd, sorry to hear it old pal, any excuse for you not to shine on a Friday night ;o}}

To all those of a nervous disposition and the P.C. brigade - I wouldn't have posted what I did unless I knew old morddwyd hadn't lost his gallows-type service humour.

morddwyd 09:05 08 Dec 2011

Sight problems or not, I can still see through attempts to wind me up!

Brumas 09:13 08 Dec 2011

morddwyd, who, moi ? Never ;o}}

morddwyd 20:02 12 Dec 2011

Yet again the operation has bee postponed (for a week) because the Scottish ambulance service does not have a vehicle for me.

This at 10.00am after getting up at 05.00 (my appointment was at 09.00).

If the hospital was a bit closer I'd get myself a taxi but but 35 miles each way on a regular basis is not really viable.

Aitchbee 20:41 12 Dec 2011

morddwyd - I can empathasise with you...in a way.

My neighbour who lives 3 up, gets taken down about 50 stairs( not 39) by two men operating a hydrolic wheel-chair. It sounds a bit like ROBOCOP. Anyway, I opened my door as they were passing my door,this morning, to ask him how he was. He said he had a problem with his eyes and was getting them checked out.

The ambulance took him away for his check-up, and returned him in the same way.

I hope you can read this ;o)

morddwyd 19:39 17 Dec 2011

Appointment rearranged for 9.00am this coming Monday.

Not that anyone bothered to tell me - I rang Friday afternoon, really just to see if they would be seeing me before Christmas, to find the theatre had been booked and the team was standing by!

lotvic 20:12 17 Dec 2011

Appt letter prob in post with a 2nd class stamp....

Aitchbee 23:48 17 Dec 2011

morrdwyd - good luck with your eye operation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?