Sight Problems (3) (Update)

morddwyd 15:23 19 Apr 2010

Ongoing hospital saga

click here

Second injection due today, and guess what?

The transport didn't turn up!

This time because I didn't tell them I wanted transport. Not only did I do so (in response to a telephoned query from the hospital itself, but I can't prove it of course), but when the appointment was made the nurse told me that in view of my previous problems they would use the hospital taxi service for me (which they did the first time).

The most frustrating thing is that nobody seems to care.

"We'll make you another appointment".

Well yes, but this is meant to be a long term (perhaps for life) course of injections every four weeks, to save my sight.

They can't even manage two.

Next appointment is now in two weeks. Now if a six week interval is OK why do it every four weeks?

The only step I haven't taken is my local MSP, since Health is a devolved issue, but since nobody else is interested, I don't suppose he will be either.

johndrew 15:30 19 Apr 2010

Who is it that complains most about the cost of missed appointments and the inconvenience caused I wonder.

But then when you get older it is easy for the NHS mandarins to blame your memory rather than theirs. Perhaps if their pay was quite basic and based on performance with various targets provided by their 'customers' ......

ronalddonald 16:37 19 Apr 2010

You know i get an appointment for my eyes to be check by the NHS every year, i didn't request the appointment bu the NHS did. I never go to it only to receive a letter by them that i never turned up and its my fault. Yet i didn't make the appointment they did.

Ive already told them first time round i don't want this appointment since they pick and choose where the venue will be held.

What they do is put this fluid into my eyes and i meant wear sunglasses to stop the glare of light after the procedure. The venue can be as far 10 miles away from where i live which would mean catching at least 3 to 4 buses.

what happened to patient choice i wonder. I wot be voting for labour since they closed down my local GP service for one of these polyclinics. They will be clsoing the A & E department at Northwick Park and several departments at Whittington Hospital are due to close within 2 3 years as funding is not in place.

With these polyclinics if their was an emergency do dial 999 to go to the polyclininc or ring the policlininc

sunnystaines 18:55 19 Apr 2010

I would be so desperate to get my eyes fixed I would have taken a cab and tried to claim back afterwards.

your treatment and let downs has been dreadful.

morddwyd 19:48 19 Apr 2010

I said that I would drive myself, and pick up my car tomorrow, but they said I still would not get there is time for my appointment.

It's 33 miles, and I phoned about half an hour before, so I reckon I would have been about 15 minutes late.

ella33 20:03 19 Apr 2010

This is terrible after it was all sorted out, I wonder what they are thinking of. It just crossed my mind that my friend managed to get a voluntary driver for her hospital appointments. I wonder if your hospital has a scheme like that? They are often really nice people and become like friends. The real beauty of it is that you get to speak to them yourself, so they know the time of your appointment well in advance. the taxi's should have the dates in their schedule, of course, but it doesn't seem to be a reliable system.

ams4127 20:31 19 Apr 2010

My mate had an appointment at the local NHS hospital a couple of weeks ago. After sitting around for four hours he was told that the clinic was closed. He went to the desk to make another appointment and the following conversation took place....

Lee. "I'd like to make an appointment please"

Nurse. "You have to phone to make an appointment"

Lee. "OK, who do I ring?"

Nurse. "Me"

Lee. "So I have to go home, pick up the phone to speak to you to make an appointment"

Nurse. "Yes"

Lee. "But I'm speaking to you now so why can't I make an appointment now?"

Nurse. "Appointments can only be made by phone"

Lee (after a pause) "Can you tell me the whereabouts of the nearest pub, please?"

And that is where I picked him up a bit later.

Paddylad 21:01 19 Apr 2010

It's enough to make a grown man weep.

morddwyd 05:59 20 Apr 2010

I'm not ashamed to admit I was very close to that yesterday.

This business is making me look back into places I thought I had left behind a long time ago.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?