Should we have a Moratorium

wee eddie 12:20 31 Mar 2010

during the run-up to the this Election.

"There should be no mention of any Politician, or Political Party, either by name or innuendo, until after the Election."

Or FE removing it!

Kevscar1 12:28 31 Mar 2010

If only the Politicians and Politcal parties would do the same.

birdface 12:39 31 Mar 2010

Nope.
It's good to hear others points of view whether we agree with them or not.
I do agree that sometimes some get a bit carried away with their remarks and that is when the FE earns his pennies.

wiz-king 12:41 31 Mar 2010

What election - not been announced yet. *grin*

Kevscar1 14:40 31 Mar 2010

Fourm member
People just do not seem to understand that politicains are just poor misunderstood people whose only interest is doing what's best for the people of this country no matter what the cost to themselves.

ronalddonald 14:45 31 Mar 2010

announce an election like this please note all politicians could have a tendency to tell lies and be corrupt, use tax payers money very unwisely steal from the treasury (if they have access. i think thats about covers it

jakimo 15:33 31 Mar 2010

Everyone eligible to vote should blow off steam before the election about who they think should have the right to make political decisions in their name

JYPX 15:38 31 Mar 2010

I cannot think of a more ridiculous position for Speakers Corner than to avoid any discussion of the election.
Climate change has given us a few heated debates. Shall we make that taboo as well?

oresome 16:45 31 Mar 2010

We have plenty of yaw yaw on forums such as this, but few people actually get off their backside and vote.

Is it about time we had phone voting as on Come Dancing or an internet poll to make it easier for couch potato voters?

Charge £1.00 per vote and that's another stealth tax to add to the coffers.

Each week we could have a member of the cabinet and opposition equivalent going head to head culminating in a finale with the PM and the leaders of the other parties.

It should bring in a few pounds by the finish if we can sex it up a little and get a star to host the show. Perhaps introduce a few It's a Knockout type games as light relief.

It will do wonders for democracy.

Monoux 20:37 31 Mar 2010

Looks to me like yet more smoke and mirrors from the master.

WhiteTruckMan 22:24 31 Mar 2010

Sounds like a japanese car showroom!

WTM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?