Should Radio's etc be banned from vehicles

Jak_1 17:22 23 May 2007

On issues of safety, radio's, CD players and satnav all cause distraction from driving. Each time an adjustment is made to one of these devices concentration drops on watching the road ahead.
Now I'm not saying they should be banned but for the safety of all road users do you think should these distractions be banned?

Rigga 17:38 23 May 2007

Good luck ;)
R.

^wave^ 17:40 23 May 2007

lets all get a man with a red flag and bell to walk in front of the car
i dont think we need to go back a 100 years do we

Shas 17:40 23 May 2007

Where will it end though. My husband can twiddle knobs on his steering wheel and see how much oil he has, how much petrol he's got left, when his next service is due - all sorts. I always think that while he's fiddling with all that, he's got his eyes off the road, albeit fractionally, but that's all it takes sometimes.

oresome 17:55 23 May 2007

It doesn't follow that eliminating all distractions ensures the driver gives 100% attention to driving the vehicle.

FungusBoggieman 18:16 23 May 2007

maybe they should ban cars on the road next,
and we will all have to use public transport,
just think you can get as distracted as much as you want on a bus or train and all you have to worrie about is the driver asleep at the wheel.

picklsey 19:02 23 May 2007

don,t expect to many replies like the anti-smoking one you should have put that one in to get a full mail box.

my answer no

Forum Editor 19:10 23 May 2007

I don't.

spuds 19:16 23 May 2007

There are a large amount of devices being installed in vehicle nowadays. In the case of a radio, then this can be a life saver plus a comforter on a long journey. Keep the radio, and perhaps restrict other things, including some drivers :O)

Jackcoms 19:21 23 May 2007

Perhaps we should ban eyelids, as well?

Every time we blink our view of the road is also compromised for that fraction of a fraction of a second that our eyes are, effectively, closed.

Colin 19:37 23 May 2007

Ban pedestrians and road signs so we don't have to look at them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?