charmingman 19:00 13 Jun 2008

OOh that is going to hurt..

click here

wiz-king 19:07 13 Jun 2008

I would sooner scrap the UN!

carver 19:10 13 Jun 2008

ERR NO

Quickbeam 19:21 13 Jun 2008

But on our terms, not Johnny Foreigner's agenda!

bremner 19:27 13 Jun 2008

But only the immediate family should be funded from the public purse.

csqwared 19:33 13 Jun 2008

Ahhh! I knew I'd find comfort and solace here. What on earth have the UN to do with whether we are royalists or republicans. If there was a problem, and I'm sure there isn't, I think the UK would be pretty quick in making their views known. O.K. there have been 'gaffs' recently with the younger branch of the family but I don't believe that has much impact on how we percieve the Royal Family as a whole. The article I read suggests the monarchy costs each taxpayer 62p per year. I reckon that's good value for money.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:41 13 Jun 2008

Those countries criticising us, as mentioned in the article, have far more serious problems to address at home first, before trying to put our house in order.

Bingalau 19:42 13 Jun 2008

In my view "Yes Please" but not at the whim of any other country or group of countries.

octal 19:43 13 Jun 2008

I fail to see what that has to do with the UN whether we keep our royalty or not. Also "Iran complained about the UK's record on tackling sexual discrimination." really? I think they need to get their own house in order before they start snipping at other countries on their sexual discrimination issues.

bluto1 19:44 13 Jun 2008

We'd end up being told by "Johnny Foreigner" to scrap our history too if they get their way on this.

interzone55 20:20 13 Jun 2008

Saudi Arabia is on the Human Rights Committee and they think we have a human rights problem because we have a Royal Family and no written constitution

Sorry, I'm speechless...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?