Shock ! Horror! Animals nearly nude...

Seth Haniel 10:22 27 Aug 2008

todays paper objecting to advert for some drink as scantily clad giraffes and Zebras.

Hope they don't see a wild life program - the shock would be too much for them ;)

interzone55 10:23 27 Aug 2008

Could we have a link to the story

providing my work firewall will allow me to see such nudity...

Al94 10:26 27 Aug 2008
  Seth Haniel 10:29 27 Aug 2008
  GRIDD 10:41 27 Aug 2008

That advert is hardly comparable to a wildlife documentary.

It is quite disturbing and I wouldn't want my children watching it.

Seth Haniel 10:47 27 Aug 2008

I find all adverts disturbing - and quickly switch channels to avoid them - which I guess you would too ( totally out of the normal if you watch them )

My poke is at the 'Humour' in Scantily clad animals.

get it

;)

GRIDD 10:58 27 Aug 2008

"My poke is at the 'Humour' in Scantily clad animals.

get it"

No I don't, nor do I want to.

smartpoly 11:07 27 Aug 2008

Reading the article, I don’t believe there is such a thing as ‘the watershead’ anymore. Children of all ages watch TV at all hours and those who do so after the so called ‘watershead’ would no doudt be exposing themselves to much worse than this advert.

The director of children's charity Kidscape, said: 'It is another example of overtly sexual images being used to promote products at children.

That statement conflicts with the advert being shown after the watershead, it is not intended to promote a product at children unless you dismiss the notion of a watershead.

Seth Haniel 11:38 27 Aug 2008

could I have one of these firewalls that stop all adverts on my tv ??? ;)

Covergirl 12:19 27 Aug 2008

What watershed ?

Last week I was yet again riveted to "Don't Die Young" (or something similar) where, under the "educational" guise, we were subject to willies and boobies being examined for various forms of cancer sometime around 8.30pm. I didn't see much more of the program as I was head down on the computer.

Tonight it's "Embarrasing Illnesses" featuring asymmetrical boobies and dangers to the fertility of mountain bikers. 8pm Ch4.

"todays paper objecting to advert for some drink as scantily clad giraffes and Zebras."

PC gone maaaad !

Belatucadrus 12:30 27 Aug 2008

If we're being picky and to be honest I am, what niggled me about the ad was the peacocks in bikinis. Peacocks are male, are they cross dressers or are we looking at an advert produced by technically adept ignoramuses, or is that ignorami ? Peahens are comparatively drab and wouldn't presumably meet the committees aesthetic standards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

How artist Alex Yanes worked with his daughter on this bright 3D mural for Monument Valley 2

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comment regarder le lancement du Galaxy Note 8 en direct ?