Seven-year-old's paintings fetch £150K

Blackhat 17:54 30 Jul 2010

click here

Take a look at some of his paintings in the second link, very mature work. The church/snow scene is excellent.

click here

Although very talented I don’t understand the price tag!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:29 30 Jul 2010

"I don’t understand the price tag!"

Its an auction - more than one person wanted them badly enough and had the money to out bid the others

Blackhat 18:33 30 Jul 2010

What I meant to say was that although the work is very good for a 7 year old, I don't understand why people are prepared to pay so much. Is art overvalued?

egapup 19:13 30 Jul 2010

If he can do such good paintings at his young age what is going to be able do later in life...the price tag is just showing that people are investing in his future fame.

karmgord 19:14 30 Jul 2010

I don't understand unmade beds as art

click here

You should see my bed on a Sunday morning,I must be an old master

rawprawn 18:36 31 Jul 2010

The boy has real talent, and whatever price his paintings fetch I am pleased for him.
However I'm sure he started painting for the sheer pleasure of it, and not for the money. Although that may now change.

Forum Editor 19:07 31 Jul 2010

and I know the area in which this child lives and works. He's extremely good for someone his age, and no doubt he'll continue to paint, although I doubt that his work will be so highly valued as he gets older, and the novelty value wears off.

It's worth making the point that none of his pictures sold for £150,000 - that was the total raised by the entire collection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017