Serious Respect Due Here!

SimpleSimon1 20:58 10 Oct 2009

click here

OK, I admit to normally being a cynic about most things but I seriously have to give this guy all due respect.

I'd like to think that I'd do something similar but....

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:08 10 Oct 2009

There's not many that would have done or do that.

My hats off to him.

Kevscar1 22:15 10 Oct 2009

shows there are still some good people out there

octal 22:15 10 Oct 2009

Wow, there are still some nice people in the world, good for him.

Brumas 22:19 10 Oct 2009

I hope I do no not sound pompous when I say it certainly restores one's faith in young adults.

dagnammit 23:15 10 Oct 2009

Such a kind hearted individual.

dastardly mutt 06:25 11 Oct 2009

Agree with the above

but I suspect that any compensation the victim may be due from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority will be reduced because of this generous act.

Noldi 07:27 11 Oct 2009

10k in the pocket of a 22 year old would have meant some great nights out and a few weeks in San Antonio, That makes it a very nice gesture and as you say greatest respect to him.

Noldi

egapup 10:22 11 Oct 2009

There's hope for us yet.

Forum Editor 11:37 11 Oct 2009

there are undoubtedly lots of people like this out there - maybe their generosity isn't on quite this scale, but people indulge in acts of consideration and kindness all the time.

The unfortunate thing is that bad news tends to make better copy than good news, so we don't get to hear about most of what goes on - we just get stories about drunken yobs and people who mug old ladies.

Look deep into the fabric of our society and you'll find an enormous amount of good being done by ordinary people to benefit their fellow citizens without any expectation of praise or reward. It largely goes unsung, but it's there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?