Selfies' now groupies

SparkyJack 15:41 29 Aug 2014

Tramping around the TTower of London with daughter the other day(she treating me) Groups of tourists and individual were going about with their phones and camerasmounted on a stick like a modified golf club,, where having positioned themselves against a suitable they took a picture

A 'Selfie Stick no less

But then I got wondering' how was a phone activated on the end of a long stick? A/camera by a mechanical device can be imagined, but a smartphonectouch screen?

What do you all think?

Aitchbee 15:50 29 Aug 2014

There might be a self-timer option where the user can set the time to 2 or 10 seconds for example, and then the 'smartphone' automatically takes a picture. [remotely] - I've got that facility on my old digital camera.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:31 29 Aug 2014

Better than handing over your expensive camera or phone to some stranger to take your photo, who then "legs it" with said expensive kit.

Forum Editor 17:11 29 Aug 2014

Has the world gone truly and deeply mad?

It's your call.

caccy 17:32 29 Aug 2014

FE
Yup!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:56 29 Aug 2014

Of course!

the word tells it all

Selfie

half the world is going mad trying to kill each other, the rest ofthe world doesn't even know or care as they're too greedy, selfish or apathetic.

hastelloy 09:41 30 Aug 2014

I'd like to talk about apathy but I really can't be bothered.

spuds 10:24 30 Aug 2014

I remember the days of Flower Power and all the exciting activities of that. Selfies just isn't my scene :O)

HondaMan 21:20 30 Aug 2014

Yes of course it has!

bumpkin 23:00 30 Aug 2014

No of course not, for a few hundred quid you can get a stick that you can fix your phone on and take a photo of yourself, a must have surely.

Aitchbee 23:29 30 Aug 2014

Rumpelteazer

" I saw a lion ... he was standing alone ... with a tadpole, in-a-jar. "

Led Zeppelin.

and btw get off of my cloud. [Only kiddin']

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires