See Shuttle Launch live

dagbladet 19:05 04 Jul 2006

For those interedted. Shuttle due to go in about 30 mins, just listening to commander talking to mish control now about some minor tech issue.

dagbladet 19:06 04 Jul 2006

Sorry forgot the link

click here

p;3 22:19 04 Jul 2006

I must confess I am asking myself just what is the point of this as the program is to be shelved in ?how many years; and the risk to the crew ; is it really all worth it , or am I a kill-joy?

yes we have gained some technology from it ( including some items now used in my Professional line of work); however; that crew is not safe until and if they land back on this plannet in one piece and alive ; I recall the explosion on return to earth that halted the program , and when I saw that on tv I honestly thought I was watching a fireworks display, until I realised that it was the shuttle breaking up on re entry; lets hope and pray that they do return alive

silverous 09:26 05 Jul 2006

On holiday and saw the shuttle waiting at the point where it lifted off... I wish I'd caught this link last night and watched it now.

It is an awesome thing although I share p;3's safety concerns...when they talk about bits hanging off or whatever the concerns were but still lift off.

Bit of a risk on independence day also...if it went wrong, aside from the tragic consequences, American's would be remembering that on independence day each year.

Blackhat 15:10 08 Jul 2006

Wow, now showing live video/audio of space walk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?