See Google censorship in action

Thalmus 21:14 07 Feb 2006

A search in images for Tiananmen from google .com click here

A search in images for Tiananmen from google .cn click here

Spot the difference?

hzhzhz 22:26 07 Feb 2006

There is a slight difference :-)

SG Atlantis® 22:36 07 Feb 2006

Being a kid when the massacre happened I only knew a bit about it, but as it's been brought back to media attention again I have been reading and looking into it alot more.

If any one has suggestions on good reads, only ones that you have read and recommend. I do know how to use a search engine!

SG Atlantis® 22:38 07 Feb 2006

sorry thalmus, it looks like I'm hijacking your thread...

I hope you don't mind. If it's a real good read, yellow envelope is there just mail me.

De Marcus™ 22:39 07 Feb 2006
  SG Atlantis® 22:40 07 Feb 2006

De M I have been going through all of that, thanks anyway.

De Marcus™ 22:43 07 Feb 2006

No probs, one more for posterity click here

Forum Editor 23:09 07 Feb 2006

you'll find it has been covered with a fresh layer of stone. On one visit I saw these stones being laid, and I asked why. The answer (from my Chinese client) was that the old surface still bore the marks made by the tracks when the tanks slewed around in 1989,when the student uprising was brutally crushed by the army, and these marks had become a tourist attraction - people were photographing them. That wasn't acceptable to the Chinese government, so a fortune was spent on erasing any signs of the troubles. All the stones are numbered, so that when there's a mass rally people can be marshalled into neat rows very rapidly.

Many people (me included) are surprised at how huge this sqaure is, it covers 109 acres, and is the biggest public gathering place in the world.

Thalmus 23:19 07 Feb 2006

...and accross the road is the forbidden city, which is even bigger, contains 9,999 ½ rooms and took me about 3 hours to walk through!

Forum Editor 00:26 08 Feb 2006

1.08 seconds per room.

wolfie3000 19:18 08 Feb 2006

how did you get that FE im still struggling with the maths lol.
You must be a savant.

I can remember the protests on the news many years back.
lets hope this doesnt happen in the future.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?