Security warning

Belatucadrus 14:15 03 Aug 2007
Answered

To many of the old soaks on this forum, this will be like teaching your grandma to suck eggs ( never did know if she could, way to late to find out now ). But to the newbies take note click here
It appears that e-mail attachments promising all forms of titillation and naughtiness but in fact loaded with unmentionable nasties are making a comeback.
So keep the AV up to date and never ever click on dubious attachments, even when apparently from a friend. You are most unlikely to like the results.

Probabilitydrive 14:48 03 Aug 2007

Good shout,Belatucadrus. A timely reminder for the 'old soaks' and the young guns...and for grandma's to double check whether the egg is a hardboiled one...(:

SB23 15:28 03 Aug 2007

I suppose it was just a matter of time before they resurfaced, although not a newbie, its always good to have a little reminder.
After all, the nasties are always just a click away.

Thanks

Steve

Spark6 19:45 03 Aug 2007

Had one last week from Christopher, coincidentally my eldest son's name, but quickly realised his is always from Chris. Binned immediately.

Bingalau 20:49 03 Aug 2007

I've had a plethora of mails from different banking organisations this last week. I don't have accounts with any of them.. Binned immediately.

Jak_1 21:36 03 Aug 2007

Always a good idea to have the preview pane disabled too.

Jak_1 21:37 03 Aug 2007
Answer

I've been getting them too, Bingalau.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017