Scottish money well spent

Seth Haniel 15:25 05 Sep 2007

1 )A new system for gathering tolls and traffic management has been introduced on the Forth Road Bridge.
Modern tollbooths costing £4m have been built a few metres from the old ones, which will now be removed.
However, the Forth Estuary Transport Authority (Feta) said the investment would not make journeys over the bridge any quicker.
A spokesman said it would make managing traffic flows and toll collection easier.

-----------------
2) MSPs have voted to scrap tolls on the Forth and Tay road bridges.

-----------------

3) There will be further roadworks on the approaches to the bridge in December, when work to remove the toll booths begins.

robbiepaul79 16:12 05 Sep 2007

lets hope these people are good at dancing cause the top half aint all that bright

lixdexik 16:59 05 Sep 2007

a snip at only £2 million. There should not be tolls on any uk roads or bridges, motorist get ripped off good & proper already.

Lixdexik

thms 17:38 05 Sep 2007

Well I reckon they should rent them out as mini shops. So if you are held up in traffic you can nip out for a paper.

The bridge was paid for a few years back and keeping the tolls was to raise money to stop it falling down.

oresome 18:15 05 Sep 2007

I understand the bridge IS falling down!

The suspension cables are corroding due to ingress of moisture and monitoring devices detect the individual strands snapping. There will have to be weight restrictions in a few years time unless a cure is found.

Totally-braindead 20:34 05 Sep 2007

Didn't say stupid fourm member said the term "executive" was meaningless to many people which is not the same thing.

I'm Scottish and all I can say is its typical political nonsense and a waste of money. Can't say I'm surprised though. In my defence I voted for the other chap. Mind you thats not to say he wouldn't have spend more doing something else equally meaningless.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?