Scottish justice at its best

gengiscant 09:45 26 Feb 2011

Man held in cells and fined for hitting vandal with bread tray.
click here

One time I caught a burglar in my property who promptly whipped out a nice, I politely asked him to put it down,(as polite as the circumstances merited anyway),when he refused I broke his hand with a cricket bat.Whilst the police quietly said well done, the social workers and other do gooders want me to be charged with using excessive force. I pointed out I had been remarkedly restrained as he was still able to walk.

Eventually the matter was dropped but was warned that I might think about getting rid of the bat.

The burglar was deemed to have suffered enough and was admonished.

The cricket bat is still to hand beside my bed and I would not hesitate to use it again if I found an uninvited person inside my property.

Bingalau 09:55 26 Feb 2011

I assume you meant a nice knife?

Proclaimer 09:59 26 Feb 2011

and not one of those yummy 'Nice' biscuits...

gengiscant 10:12 26 Feb 2011

Dam the no edit feature here. Nice of course should have been Knife.

spuds 10:32 26 Feb 2011

Whats the world coming to, very surprised the 'victim' hasn't or didn't sue you?.

peter99co 11:18 26 Feb 2011

If that is justice then God help us if it comes South.

There is another side to the story as usual, the vandal's version. Maybe he is still in hospital with a fractured skull? I hope so!

The pensioner should now use the law to pursue civil claim for uninsured losses and demand the CCTV be used in evidence against the vandal.

jakimo 12:11 26 Feb 2011

'If that is justice then God help us if it comes South'
The law and common sense is not always compatible,so the pensioner by giving the yob his comeuppance would have been arrested in all regions of the UK

peter99co 14:25 26 Feb 2011

Yes I know that but would the yob have got a warning letter?

It is more than likely the yob has framed the letter and hung it on the wall as a trophy.

Bapou 16:02 26 Feb 2011

So how come that nice old lady who knocked the jewellery shop raider off his motor bike is hailed a hero and this old lad is locked up?

That youngster on the bike might have hurt himself and lost his hammer as well

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?