Scotland lost!

version8 18:33 06 Sep 2008

Scotland lacked cool heads as they lost their opening World Cup qualifier against Macedonia on a baking hot afternoon in Skopje.

A poor Scotland side conceded a goal five minutes into manager George Burley's first competitive match.

Hope this not a mad omen for England's game tonight @ 7pm!

delantero 18:44 06 Sep 2008

We were awful, above all in the first half. I'm not convinced at all by the new manager, I don't think we will be in South africa I'm afraid. England don't have to worry about Andorra, they will win comfortably. However, sometimes it is hard to produce a good performance against the so called minnows so England should take the win and concentrate on the real test against Croatia.

Joe R 20:07 06 Sep 2008

Build up the hopes, convince us we have a team capable of reaching the finals of a major tournament, fall flat with egg on our faces.

What's new! (:{

ulrich 21:40 06 Sep 2008

I certainly do not have any interest in whichever football team qualifies. I have as much interest in it as I have in the what does it cost the BBC to show the Eurovision Dance Competition.

Its all a load of shoemakers.

Si_L 23:24 06 Sep 2008

Didn't see the game as I was at work. I think you have a good enough team to qualify despite this early set back, the only team nobody expects you to beat is the Netherlands. But then again, you did the double over France in the qualifying for Euro 2008 so what do I know?

NewestRoyWidd1 00:33 07 Sep 2008

Yawns, who wants to read yet more stuff about over-paid under-talented prima donnas?
Soccer excites me about as much as being stuck in traffic for 30 minutes earlier today does,and that for a journey that normally takes around ten minutes.

Si_L 01:13 07 Sep 2008

Don't comment then! Its obvious that its a football thread, if you don't like it just don't click on it, its recycled words anyway.

birdface 09:32 07 Sep 2008

The good news is that England won.Or did they.Scotland will bounce back they always do.

laurie53 09:37 07 Sep 2008

I opened this thread just to see what it said.

It was totally obvious what it was about and I knew what I was doing.

I, too, am totally uninterested and bored by football, but I wouldn't be so rude or arrogant to criticise a thread or its contributors, the subject of which I knew before opening it.

Criticise the content if you don't agree, but if you don't like the thread, and the subject is obvious, then don't open it.

Legolas 16:45 08 Sep 2008

I was thinking of posting something similar but you have said it all.

Joe R 17:35 08 Sep 2008

I see Lee McCullough has said, he won't play for Scotland as long as George Burley is manager, and a lot of others feel the same way.

In my view, if you are picked for your country, you should be giving 100%, no matter what you think of the present manager.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?