scam email, bill gates is giving away money ha ha

lofty29 14:33 25 Jun 2008

Just has an email forwarded to me by a friend, which I have quickly got rid of, suggesting that if I forwarded it on to those in my address book, then MS would send me a cheque for about $250 for each one I sent it too. Maybe Bill is trying to get rid of some of his dosh, anyone else had this????

interzone55 14:47 25 Jun 2008

This is an old one, but the money seems to be going up, last time I got the mail it was only $1 per email.

Mind you, Bill Gates is determined to get rid of all his money before he dies, he's already given $10bn to his charitable foundation and the rest of his money will follow gradually.

click here

€dstowe 14:55 25 Jun 2008

If Gates were so keen to rid himself of his money he could put the $250 cheque in with each copy of Windows Vista. It might get more users then.

birdface 15:43 25 Jun 2008

Yes.Got the same one from the Niece on Monday.The amount of times I have told her to stop sending crap e-mails.Does she listen ,no,No doubt I will get one from my other niece as well.A lot of gullible folk out there.Must be a woman thing. I never get any sent from my Nephews.

Forum Editor 16:34 25 Jun 2008

withe the amount you'll be given increasing to take account of inflation.

interzone55 16:55 25 Jun 2008

Bill Gates no longer works for Microsoft, so he can't do that...

€dstowe 17:48 25 Jun 2008

I'm sure he'd be able to slip into the warehouse and shove a few cheques in the boxes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?