saving website fav's in bulk

charmingman 20:57 25 May 2008

Hi all i was going to put this in help room but i didnt know if it was the correct place,i am trying to save all my fav's that you store on the browser in one go is there a way to store the url's in one go instead of havnig to goto each website as ive got loads...???

Legolas 21:06 25 May 2008

It depends which browser you are using

charmingman 21:11 25 May 2008

IE7...

Legolas 21:13 25 May 2008

Found this on google

you can Export your Favourites directly from within IE7. Try these steps for saving a copy as you requested:

1. Select File then select Import and Export

This will start the "Import and Export" wizard.

2. Click Next
3. Select "Export Favourites" and the click on "Next."
4. Select Favourites and click on "Next."
5. In the Next window you can accept the default Save Directory or choose a new one. (I suggest you select "Desktop" so you can easily find the file again.)
6. Click on "Next."
7. Then, finally, click on "Finish" and your Favourites will be saved to disk.
8. Small "Export Favourites” window shows “Successfully exported Favourites”, click “OK”
9. You’ll find it on your drive looking something like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\Desktop\Desktop.htm

10. The Desk Top default name is "Desktop.htm". You can now copy this file to a floppy disk or even e-mail it to yourself (or both).

To Import your Favourites into IE7:

1. Select Import and click on "Next."
2. Browse to the saved copy of "Desktop.htm" and the Wizard will replace your existing bookmarks (which are just the defaults) with the saved copy.

Legolas 21:26 25 May 2008

Another way is to click into your hard drive click into documents and settings folder,click into the folder with your name on it and there should be a folder marked favourites. You can save this folder to any destination. I would open and check is the right one.

charmingman 23:08 25 May 2008

Ok many thankx "Legolas" i realy appreciate your time..!!!

peter99co 00:04 26 May 2008

I used Legolas's system to save to a pen drive and then imported them to another computor

Legolas 13:49 26 May 2008

Glad to be of help :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017