Saved My Money

ulrich 19:05 24 Jul 2007

I am glad I saved my money. I will now wait for Windows 7.

Kate B 19:10 24 Jul 2007

I presume you're talking about Vista. It's due in 2010. Can you really wait that long for a new PC? And doubtless Windows 7 will be subject to the same sniping and reactionary comments that have greeted Vista.

Totally-braindead 19:21 24 Jul 2007

ulrich might have a point Kate B, did Microsoft not announce they were continuing support till something like 2010?
Mind you it'll have problems too, they all do. I remember quite well some of the problems with XP.

Starfox 19:28 24 Jul 2007

I just don't know what to make of Vista yet. I was really looking forward to the new operating system and ordered a new gaming pc when Vista became available but the supplier told me if it was a gaming pc I wanted then I should go for xp.

Took the advice and got xp but was disappointed not to have the new o/s but then a few members of our gaming circle got vista and they have had lot's of problems with it. Together we have a library of over 500 games and although we have not tried them all yet there are at least 200 games that will not load/play or freeze or have some other issue with vista so something ain't right somewhere.

Forum Editor 19:41 24 Jul 2007

you saved your money by not buying one new operating system, so you can wait two years (and probably longer) to spend it on another new operating system?

Forgive me, but I'm struggling to see any sense in that at all.

ulrich 19:48 24 Jul 2007

But Vista can offer me nothing, I do play games a lot, and Vista is not a gaming OS.

Forum Editor 19:57 24 Jul 2007

So, what is?

My son is an avid gamer, has been for years, and he says Vista is just great for gaming.

Mango Grummit 20:04 24 Jul 2007

Some say it is and some say it isn't. Who's proving what here? It's always the same, and with no real proof of anything it's not even a worthwhile discussion.

Totally-braindead 20:06 24 Jul 2007

Sorry FE but from what some people have said to me Vista has problems with a lot of older games and by that I mean a year old not just ones that are very old. I'm sure if you get a Vista capable new game its fine but it does seem to have some issues with older games. I'm sure its that that ulrich is refering to.

Totally-braindead 20:08 24 Jul 2007

I would be interested to see the updated gaming list that was going about with games that had problems with Vista and games that didn't if anyone still has the link to it.

Jackcoms 20:09 24 Jul 2007

So a new OS appears and it's necessary to rush out and buy it, is that what we're saying?

Sounds like a case of "keeping up with the Jones'" to me

I prefer to spend my money rather more wisely.

I'll buy a new PC when this one dies - not before.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone