Save Electric

ulrich 21:35 26 Jun 2007

I have just turned the telly off. I like to watch the news if nothing else, but is Paris Hilton leaving prison news?? I personally do not think so. I am handing in my Sky sub, so a bit more money saved, and cancelling 3 PC mag subscriptions as there is a severe lack of anything new in that quarter. I am buying a motocycle paper every week, as my bike is seemingly more fun, except for the overly hot summer we are having here in GB.

WhiteTruckMan 22:24 26 Jun 2007

-take up with a boating one instead:(

WTM

wee eddie 23:13 26 Jun 2007

I have to admit that I can't see an awful lot of advantage to spending £300 a year on Sky

spuds 12:51 27 Jun 2007

I am trying to, but the bills we receive seem to throw a different shadow in the consumption we use. Don't watch the television much, so the next saving might be using the computer IT set-ups :O(

QuizMan 15:59 27 Jun 2007

Sky is good if you're a sports fan (which I am) or a film fan (which I am not). Otherwise, Freeview is fine.

TopCat® 16:07 27 Jun 2007

a great fan of football, especially her beloved Arsenal. She likes other sports as well and the problem is that Sky just about have a monopoly on all of it.

We received our Sky mag today and find that the monthly subscription is increasing once again. Nothing would please me more than to see main sport back with the BBC again and to watch the whole event without interruption. TC.

Cymro. 16:11 27 Jun 2007

The T.V. signal has always been poor where I live and there is no sign of us being able to

receive Freeview so Sky is the best option for me. Unfortunately Sky know this so the trick

of trying to persuade Sky to give me a better deal by threatening to switch supplier will not work.

ulrich 17:34 27 Jun 2007

Its no good here either, but I really dont think I am missing much. I would watch the news now but it's raining so no sky. I like boats but couldn't afford one. My bike lets me get out without the tin box and 4 wheels, even though it's raining and I can do my own maintenance.

interzone55 20:03 27 Jun 2007

Turn off the TV and read a book or listen to the radio.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?