Saudi Arabia

welshbenson 13:04 08 May 2006

Anyone know of any good places to vist here?
Got 4 days R&R before moving up country and going tactical(thats wearing body armour & carrying sa80)all the time.

At least it's hot and no rain!

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:07 08 May 2006

Iran?

G

amonra 13:44 08 May 2006

Four days, that's just enough time to nip over to Wales and experience all the fun and vitality of the Welsh summer. That will set you up for a long spell on patrol.
PS. I had a bad dream last night, I dreamed it had stopped raining.

Diodorus Siculus 13:58 08 May 2006

Saudi Tourist Sites
click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:20 08 May 2006

Call me cynical but I would have been tempted to do a little research prior to getting to Saudi. I fervently pray that this is not the way the British Army usually work :-((

G

johndrew 14:25 08 May 2006

Bahrain always used to be a favourite as it isn`t quite as `dry` as KSA!!

But if you are on a Dip. cleared trip you will be able to get your ` refreshment` from embassy sources - if you are permitted by your leader that is!

Failing that, and not knowing exactly where you are, I would suggest either the east or west coast beaches, the hills down around Khamis Mushayt or bacon sarnies in Jordan.

welshbenson 14:53 08 May 2006

Cheers for that Diodorus Siculus. Gandalf, sadly we only got told on the plane that we were getting diverted. [Cant say any more due to operational security] for all i know you could be one of the bad guys;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?