Saturday. Wear something Orange!

Kev.Ifty 23:14 20 Jun 2008

The Euro 2008 is hotting up. Whether you like Football or not you can not escape the fact that the competition is ongoing.

Saturday - The (KNVB) Netherlands will be going up against Russia.

Mrs.Ifty is Dutch. So If you have any sympathy for me please cheer on the Dutch Boys lol :-)

Oranje Boven!!

Kev

micky d 23:42 20 Jun 2008

The Dutch have been excellent thus far but maybe,just maybe they have peaked too soon?

The Germans seem to consistanly reach the latter stages of tournaments by starting slowly & building up momentum.

I wouldn't under-estimate the Russians, they were good against Sweden but i think the Dutch will have too much for them.

I predicted Croatia would go all the way but the Turks put paid to that.

Who would have thought it? The Turkish coming from behind 3 times in the last 3 games to win.

tullie 23:43 20 Jun 2008

Sory,dont watch football

NewestRoyWidd1 00:07 21 Jun 2008

"Whether you like Football or not you can not escape the fact that the competition is ongoing."
I know!Thats why the TV schedules are full of a game I have absolutely no interest in,or intention of watching.
However,each to their own,so may the best team win,and may the losing team-and their supporters-take defeat in good spirit.

mrwoowoo 00:13 21 Jun 2008

Yes,Holland for me from the start.Always loved the way they play their football.
Love the country and their people as well.
Oh,and my wife has always fancied Marco vanbasten so that sort of sealed it.
Before he had his hair cropped mind,although she said she still would. (O:!

m800afc 03:53 21 Jun 2008

My missus has spent many years in Holland, and her daughter lives there still. I will be supporting Holland and very much hope they progress. I think however they may be brittle at the back and will have to be very wary on set pieces. Should be a cracking match.
ORANJEBOOM!!!!!!!

Acx 04:04 21 Jun 2008

Sorry mate, Italy are going to win this tournament.

So expect some grief at some stage.

laurie53 07:56 21 Jun 2008

The Dutch have some very peculiar habits.

Most of them like Brits and make you very welcome in their country.

Bizarre!

micky d 17:58 21 Jun 2008

Is that why they are perculiar.....because they like Brits?

Bingalau 19:29 21 Jun 2008

I'm shouting for the Dutch because they are the most colourful lot in the competition. The spectators I mean, not the players. Mind you they have the dayglo orange colour which takes some beating in the standing out stakes. Then they seem to apply vivid imagination to the way they use that outstanding colour to the best effect. Apart from that I don't care who wins. I know it doesn't make sense but who wants sense in this competition.

Legolas 19:44 21 Jun 2008

The Netherlands have played some brilliant football so far I hope it continues to-night. Looking forward to the game which is due to start in 3 minutes. I want the team that has played the most attractive football to win the tournament and so far I think that is The Netherlaands.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?