Saif al-Islam captured

Graham* 15:02 19 Nov 2011

BBC report Lets see what he has to say now.

Mr Mistoffelees 15:35 19 Nov 2011

"It wasn't me, it was my dad, he made me do things"?

Forum Editor 15:55 19 Nov 2011

It really matters very little what he says.

johndrew 16:16 19 Nov 2011

Well, at least there should be no criticism about him being treated as his father was (not that he deserves much better) and there is the opportunity for him to be tried at the Hague.

I wonder if his friends from university will provide a character reference :-)

john bunyan 19:25 19 Nov 2011

johndrew. Maybe Prince Andrew and Tony Blair will oblige re character reference?

johndrew 10:40 20 Nov 2011

john bunyan

Given that both Blair and his wife are both lawyers an Blair was such a good friend of his father, perhaps they should defend the good(?) family name in court???

I'm a little uncertain of what Prince Andrew could do unless it is a military tribunal in which case he could be the 'friend' in the case.

Question is, if the case is lost, who would pay for such expensive defence??

woody 10:41 20 Nov 2011

It is unlikely he was travelling without a few bob in his pocket - what happened to the cash?

Forum Editor 11:09 20 Nov 2011

woody

"what happened to the cash?"

If he was carrying any at the time of his capture it will have been 'appropriated' by his captors, and will be back in the Libyan economy by now.

userious? 15:47 20 Nov 2011

And let them put him on trial....nothing to do with us or the rest of the world.

Aitchbee 17:34 20 Nov 2011

and, what happens to the troupe of hench-men who aided son of Gaddaffi? Will they get a fair trial...or are they still on the loose?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?