Saatchi Collection.

onionskin 21:23 01 Jul 2010

Charles Saatchi is gifting more than 200 works and his Saatchi Gallery to the British public.

Thanks for nothing.

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:11 02 Jul 2010

..and what will you be gifting then as you seem to be well versed about art?

G

morddwyd 08:16 02 Jul 2010

From what I've seen I don't think I'll be queuing up!

Quickbeam 09:29 02 Jul 2010

Decide for yourself click here Some of it's OK, but beauty as they say... said the blind man.

onionskin 22:46 02 Jul 2010

Unfortunately for the cultural enrichment of the British public, I've just gifted my stinky bed to the tip.

interzone55 11:05 05 Jul 2010

The important word is gifting. He could have sold it for millions, but he hasn't, he's giving it to the country.

I suppose you're the sort of person who complains about birthday presents as well...

gengiscant 11:32 05 Jul 2010

I have no doubt you support all things pretentious as long as it is called modern art.

lotvic 13:11 05 Jul 2010

Saatchi art exhibit is pile of poo click here

interzone55 14:18 05 Jul 2010

Art, in the same way as beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

Just because you personally don't like something doesn't mean others aren't allowed to like like.

A working class attitude that all art is worthless is just as snobbish as the upper classes declaring that football is worthless.

Please take a look at my post again and tell me where in the text I personally expressed an opinion on the worthiness of Saatchi's art collection. I merely pointed out that he's donated the collection to the country, we're not being charged for it so don't a gift horse in the mouth...

onionskin 22:16 06 Jul 2010

How work by Saatchi's stable of artists comes to be worth millions is interesting. You have to question whether he's good at picking winners or good at fixing the race.

As to the question of who will benefit from this gift - sometimes it's better to give than receive.

interzone55 08:24 07 Jul 2010

"How work by Saatchi's stable of artists comes to be worth millions is interesting"

Think "Emperors new clothes" and you'll get an idea...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires