Ryanair considers stools on flights!!

user8 16:41 06 Jul 2009

Budget airline Ryanair has come up with a possible new cost-cutting measure in the form of stools rather than seats on flights.

The Irish no-frills carrier is looking at the possibility of increasing capacity on flights by getting some passengers to squat on stools.

These passengers would pay less than those in "normal" seats or possibly fly for free.

Ryanair spokesman Stephen McNamara said that the airline's chief executive Michael O'Leary had already been in touch with aircraft manufacturer Boeing to see if such a scheme was feasible.

Mr McNamara said: "If it's possible, if we can get the IAA (Irish Aviation Authority) to approve it and if it can reduce fares even further we will be doing it."

Mr O'Leary told Sky News that he got the idea from the Chinese airline Spring, which said it could squeeze 50% more passengers on board and cut costs by 20%.

User-1229748 16:55 06 Jul 2009

they could call the new plane a stool pigeon.

namtas 16:57 06 Jul 2009

Maybe perhaps they should consider wing walking. Could catch on if if they can work out how to collect the revenue from the display

wiz-king 16:59 06 Jul 2009

As long as they are one-legged stools so they cant sleep on them click here
nitro-glycerin operators stool

User-1229748 17:01 06 Jul 2009

if they consider wing walking they might get more stools than they bargained for.

interzone55 17:04 06 Jul 2009

This reminds me of the old Penny Hangs, where drunks would pay a penny to sleep-off the rum behind a rope stretched across a wall.

I think this is the origin of the word hangover...

Quickbeam 17:24 06 Jul 2009

will be essential for self levelling onto the rough stone croft floors that are to be fitted next month...

Si_L 18:01 06 Jul 2009

I'd sit in the cargo hold if it meant I could fly for free.

john bunyan 18:21 06 Jul 2009

Even if it is unheated and depressurised?

Si_L 18:26 06 Jul 2009

Even if I was force fed the food too.

Quickbeam 18:40 06 Jul 2009

Would you rally have to force fed your Irish stew in the unheated cargo hold?

And won't they fall foul of EU pollution laws with the new peat burning ranges that are to be fitted in the galleys?

I hope there are no Irish members here;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?