Ryanair-Boarding Cards

ulrich 18:48 13 May 2009

Don't forget to download your boarding cards and print them out, and don't forget them or else you have to pay out £40 at check in. I just heard this on BBC London News.

I am glad I don't fly anywhere.

Forum Editor 18:54 13 May 2009

and print my own boarding card was one of the best things that happened as far as I'm concerned - it transformed the airport experience.

Who would be daft enough to print a boarding card and then travel to the airport without it?

ulrich 18:57 13 May 2009

A lot of people. Seeing as how many forget their passports. The only experience of airports I have is waiting around to pick up relatives and thats enough.

Forum Editor 19:02 13 May 2009

you would only forget once.

Zak 19:49 13 May 2009

If you are away for 15 days + then you have to have facility to download and print off abroad at your holiday destination.

This could be a bit inconvenient.

ulrich 20:23 13 May 2009

For the FE.

Do all the airlines do this? Good job the FE is not employed as check in staff.

dagbladet 20:43 13 May 2009

I love online check in. Quick and convenient, saves me time and money.

I imagine that anybody that doesn't fly would have no need to get themselves stressed about the issue.

AL47 21:11 13 May 2009

if i was going for over 14 days i would book else where

as ity happens i judst booked a week holiday, so i used the online thing

must not forget!

i can see it being easily done!

Picklefactory 21:34 13 May 2009

I tend to find an internet cafe somewhere, I would be surprised if Ryanair flew anywhere that was unlikely to have one.

That is on the very rare occasion that I actually use ryanair any more, but that has been debated before.

I have seen some passengers at EMA once who hadn't really understood the practice of self made boarding cards, they had checked in online, then happily stood in the check in queue in front of us, thinking it the correct thing, and been roundly shocked at being charged the then fee of £10 each for the girl to print them, as they had missed that bit.

Seth Haniel 14:23 14 May 2009

ours printed on a inkjet couldn't be read at checkin - so sent back downstairs to desk for them to reprint them for free - good job we were early.
On return flight went straight to desk for free printout as we knew ours were no use.

Picklefactory 14:25 14 May 2009

Must depend on the inkjet, I don't have a laser, but I've yet to have any issue at boarding, and used the system many times now. At the end of the day it's just a print quality issue, and that obviously varies from printer to printer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?