runaway, runaway.....

Seth Haniel 12:37 15 Jun 2010

click here
Matador arrested after running away from bull

birdface 15:23 15 Jun 2010

And here is me thinking it was all about Del shannon.

bremner 16:54 15 Jun 2010

I thought it was Monty Pythons Rabbit click here

rawprawn 18:04 15 Jun 2010

The words Discretion and Valour spring to mind.

Forum Editor 18:38 15 Jun 2010

He sounds like a man with a great deal of common sense.

Bull fighting is a barbaric custom, and anyone who thinks there's the slightest hint of 'honour' or 'majesty' in it is in urgent need of counselling. There's not a single valid argument in favour of the practice of the ritualised killing of an animal for the entertainment of a bloodthirsty crowd.

ams4127 19:33 15 Jun 2010

I put that same point to a Spanish friend a few years ago, FE.

He replied that, while bullfighting may well disgust people in the UK, it should be noted that Spain doesn't need a Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children.

I never did come up with a good reply.

Þ² 20:11 15 Jun 2010

"The Constitution obligates both the State and parents to protect children. The Ministries of Health and Social Affairs are responsible for the welfare of children and have created numerous programs to aid needy children. Numerous NGO's promote children's rights and welfare, often through government-funded projects. Several of the Autonomous Communities have an office of the Defender of Children, an independent, nonpartisan agency charged with defending children's rights....."

PS. Age of consent in Spain is 13!

Brumas 22:12 15 Jun 2010

I would have no objection to bull fighting as long as it would takes place in the bull's own field and the tormentor wore red! ;o}}

Brumas 22:14 15 Jun 2010

takes = take.

Strawballs 22:44 15 Jun 2010

They would say the same about fox hunting which the new government want to re-legalise that too is barbaric killing of an animal for the pleasure of bloodthirsty chinless wonders.

ams4127 22:59 15 Jun 2010

Thank you Þ²

Hopefully it will be a few years before I can correct him. He died five months ago. R.I.P.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone