Rule Britania

Quickbeam 08:11 12 Jan 2010

click here This looks cracking to me. It's on next Friday at 9 on beeb two.

I reckon it'll even be better than brumas' postcard quiz... his participation figures will plummet;)

Brumas 09:11 12 Jan 2010

I'll be watching it too - thank heavens for Sky+ and the pause button ;o)

DANZIG 09:41 12 Jan 2010

That does look quite good - hope they put it on the iplayer!

Woolwell 14:20 12 Jan 2010

Thank you.

rawprawn 15:08 12 Jan 2010

Like you I am looking forward to it, I reckon it will be one of the best programs on TV next week.

morddwyd 19:38 12 Jan 2010

Might give it a try, but Dan Snow really grates on me and I've never been able to watch anything of his all the way through.

Don't know why, personal thing I guess.

peter99co 16:11 13 Jan 2010

Saw the info on the BBC today and look forward to the programme. I watched a programme about the Merchant Navy (including convoys to Russia)on one of the other channels the other day and it was amazing how they coped with the ice and sea conditions.

peter99co 12:29 17 Jan 2010

Did you watch?

Excellent programme. A lot of historical facts unknown to me made clearer. I did not realize Samual Pepys was so involved.

peter99co 12:32 17 Jan 2010

On BBCi Player.

click here

Quickbeam 12:37 17 Jan 2010

Forgot I'd recorded it, I'm on a two hours of daily bass practice habit now!

I'll watch it tomorrow.

Forum Editor 12:39 17 Jan 2010

You might find it interesting to read Samuel Pepys' diaries. They make fascinating reading anyway, but they contain many references to his work in his various positions in Naval administration. The sections relating to the work he did to completely overhaul the systems of naval supply are particularly interesting - he goes into great detail about the supply of tree trunks for masts, for instance.

Try to get hold of an unabridged version if you can, but in the meantime click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?