Rugby League World Cup

Quickbeam 15:41 26 Oct 2013

Anyone watching it? Australia are pretty good at it so say it's another game we gave them.

It's not bad for girlie rugby... runnin' down the wing... fast:)

Quickbeam 15:53 26 Oct 2013

Brumas must be sleeping...

Quickbeam 16:10 26 Oct 2013

It'll be interesting to see how Specsavers that have sponsored the referees make use of the inevitable ref's mistakes.

Brumas 22:38 26 Oct 2013

Quickbeam I thought we gave away too many stupid penalties but weren't the Burgess Bros. good?

Quickbeam 23:44 26 Oct 2013

I used to watch RL half a mile down the road when it was played in the winter season but stopped as I had other summer interests when they changed to the summer, so I was quite impressed with the furious pace of the modern game. We got beaten, but not thrashed.

What was this two games for the price of one thing at the Millennium stadium? Which spectators are you attracting, the first game lot, or the second? And the second game gets a second hand pitch to play on in their home country... I don't get that.

And did they have to hot bunk the dressing rooms as well...?

Quickbeam 10:49 28 Oct 2013

I see Samoa got thrashed by NZ yesterday, but the Samoan war dance was much scarier that the New Zealander's!

Aitchbee 23:01 28 Oct 2013

... the Samoans are in a league-of-their-own as far as scary dancin' is concerned.

But we're talkin' Rugby League here!

Aitchbee 23:16 28 Oct 2013

... here's another scary dance.

click here

Picklefactory 13:29 29 Oct 2013

I went to the first game. Enjoyed it, but although 40,000 or so is a decent crowd for RL (Especially in Unionist Wales), but I was disappointed that it wasn't a lot more. The atmosphere was far from electric as a half empty stadium always seems a bit like a reserve match and we saw many people leaving before the Wales game, so even less atmosphere.

I thought the organisers did a great job. We enjoyed the ceremony and the facilities in the Millennium Stadium were pretty good, although the low crowd numbers reduced to any queues to almost nothing.

I also have final tickets, so I hope that will be a better crowd, but as it's in Lancashire (Well....sort of), I'd expect a much bigger crowd.

Quickbeam 15:51 29 Oct 2013

There's an awful lot of people that haven't a clue that there's a world cup tournament in the UK just now in which England have a real chance.

chub_tor 17:55 29 Oct 2013

There's an awful lot of people that haven't a clue that there's a world cup tournament in the UK just now in which England have a real chance. and I am one of them. My sports education was all in Essex and at school we played football, hockey and cricket. I don't think that I ever saw a rugby ball until I moved to Devon at 30 years old and by then it was too late to learn any of the rules let alone the difference between League and Union.

Sad to say though my time living and working in the USA did give me a good grasp of American Football and Baseball.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017