Royal Mail or Royal Fail

Ho-Lin-Sok 23:27 15 Jan 2007

I don't know about all of UK but I seem to get more TNT mail logo's on the morning post but it is delivered by usual postman. Royal mail has just lost BT and British Gas contracts so it has been reported, along with the Dept. of Work and Pensions last week,to TNT. How long before we see bright orange TNT postpersons on the streets.

Totally-braindead 23:54 15 Jan 2007

TNT mail logos in the morning mail? What do you mean, is it printed on the letters or something. My postal delivery is the same as usual. Nothing about TNT.

Brumas 23:54 15 Jan 2007

The Post Office was a well-oiled machine, now they are just taking the working parts out!
IMHO (16 years P.O. service) the rot set in when Post Office TElephones split and became B.T. !!!

BT 09:05 16 Jan 2007

I've had stuff with TNT 'stamps', Barclays comes to mind.
My postie grumbles about it. Presumeably TNT handles the envelope stuffing side of it and then pays Royal Mail to deliver it, much like the vast quantity of 'Junk Mail' which Royal Mail delivers.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:11 16 Jan 2007

Only one collection and one delivery per day for an extortionate price.

microcoder 13:55 16 Jan 2007

Gone are the days when you stuck a 1st or 2nd class stamp on a letter or card.
There are so many different postage tariffs to-day requiring one to join the large queues in the post offices( the wife really).

But,surely they can't be continuing to close many more post offices now? Oh yes!

johndrew 14:56 16 Jan 2007

Splitting it three ways (Royal Mail, The Post Office and BT) has done little to help. At least when it was a public service either we all paid (one way or the other) and any profit making part propped up the other(s).

Bit like the railways really.

Totally-braindead 15:41 16 Jan 2007

I can't but agree that the Royal Mail has declined over the years and its service is no where near as good as it used to be but if you compare it to the likes of the American Postal Service I can assure you it is still far superior to what they have.

Bingalau 16:04 16 Jan 2007

We don't want to compare it with a lesser performing group, such as the American Postal service. (Which I have always found to be efficient anyway) How does it stand up against the always efficient Germans? How about other European countries? Are we better than them or worse? ..Bingalau..

Zero G 16:07 16 Jan 2007

If we get the normal postie he does a great job, but if we get anyone else we may or may not get mail that day, it may be posted to the house either side of our house, or sometimes all the mail in one street gets delivered to 1 house!

Complain and the mail gets worse!

Watchful 19:13 16 Jan 2007

I think Royal Mail still betters most other European services but it has declined sadly for reasons already stated above. No complaints about my local service though and our postman is great.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017