rough justice..

Seth Haniel 08:49 15 Aug 2008

click here

A Chinese couple murdered in Newcastle may have been involved in a range of internet scams, including betting and providing false visas, police said.

Community intelligence supported by the examination of computer equipment and mobile call data has shown that both of the victims have been involved in fraudulent activity which has angered and upset a number of people.

Quickbeam 08:58 15 Aug 2008

Sounds like they trod on someones toes bigtime. It doesn't say much except leave a lot of room for speculation. Newcastle like all Cities will have it's own underworld that won't take kindly to new kids on the block getting in on their action... No different to London in the '60s with the Krays.

Cymro. 10:45 15 Aug 2008

Whatever they had done wrong they did not deserve to die for it.

spuds 12:08 15 Aug 2008

I don't know about Newcastle or the true information about these murders, but what I do know is the increase of cannabis factories around my area. All seem to be managed by people of Chinese or Vietnamese origins.

One particular Chinese person who was recently convicted for drug supply and producing offences, and who lived a short distance from me, was apparently a 'lieutenant' in a crime gang. He and his family were known in the area as rather nice, friendly, respectable people. It came as a shock to the neighbourhood as an whole, when all the offences became known.I suppose,if he and his family had met with a fate similar to the two in Newcastle, then we would have been very concerned and perhaps deeply shocked as to all the events that came to light.

sunny staines 13:56 15 Aug 2008

play with fire and you may get burnt by the law or other dodgy players. take the risk at your peril.

QuizMan 14:49 15 Aug 2008

I thought that I lived in a respectable area until a house in my road was raided by Police a couple of weeks ago. They were looking for drugs. Didn't find any - but did find 2 CS cannisters.

Cymro. 15:03 15 Aug 2008

"I thought that I lived in a respectable area"

Yes me too,
but even in rural areas these days crime is more of a problem than ever it was. You would be surprised how many cannabis farms are located in small country villages.

QuizMan 17:16 15 Aug 2008

"You would be surprised how many cannabis farms are located in small country villages."

Quite so. It undoubtedly has something to do with detection by thermal imaging on the rooves of houses where cultivation is taking place. It would be too expensive to undertake that in rural localities. The chances of success are too small.

laurie53 21:11 15 Aug 2008

"Whatever they had done wrong they did not deserve to die for it."

How do you know?

Visa scams often involve people trafficking which not only results in unspeakable degradation and misery, but also sometimes to lonely and agonising death.

The only ones who can say they don't deserve daeth are those who have suffered.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?