Rossy keeps his job

donki 19:05 21 Nov 2008

Sorry to post again on this subject but it looks like he will face no further punishment. I have to say I was a Rossy fan prior to the incident. At the moment I am on the fence as to wheather I will listen or watch his programs in the future.
One thing I can say for sure his first show back on BBC1 will be a big hit rates wise, just goes to show there is no such thing as bad publicity.

rdave13 19:24 21 Nov 2008

Shame he didn't quit. I've a feeling, though, that the BBC will lose a lot of viewers with any programs with Ross on it.

octal 19:35 21 Nov 2008

I didn't like him before this fiasco, I like him even less now.

Al94 19:56 21 Nov 2008

He can't survive - which producer/editor will take on the poisoned chalice of being a future potential fall guy for something Ross comes out with?

laurie53 20:00 21 Nov 2008

A few of those who weren't sure whether they liked him or not will have made their minds up one way or the other, but his normal core fan base will not suffer much.

interzone55 21:34 21 Nov 2008

"He can't survive - which producer/editor will take on the poisoned chalice of being a future potential fall guy for something Ross comes out with?"

Yes, but perhaps the producers will now make the effort to listen to the stuff before broadcast, which didn't seem to be happening before...

peter99co 22:51 21 Nov 2008

The noe's seem to have it

carver 07:10 22 Nov 2008

Well I am just glad that he will he back, he's been fined for what he did and that should be the end of it, unless some of you still want a pound of flesh as well.

As alan14 points out, maybe the producers will now do the job they are paid to do.

spuds 11:43 22 Nov 2008

Perhaps it would have cost the BBC or licence payers, more to get rid of him, than to keep him.

It might be a case of wait and see, if his return improves the situation. Personally I have been informed on many occasions that he is a rather intelligent commodity,much sort by many, but his smugness made me and mine non-viewers or supporters of this gentleman.There's one or a few others that could be mentioned as well!.

jack 12:06 22 Nov 2008

He has been fined- but sacking him- could lead to all sorts of contractual wrangles and compensation payments
So perchance he is not fired - but neither will he be used in further schedules - perhaps maybe.
What I ever happens I shant be holding my breath
I didn't watch that type of program before and I certainly wont in future - Not Rossi, or Norton or any other non-entities such as this.
I have recently availed my self of a 32inch flattie- and as I said to my daughter 'Why did I bother'

The Brigadier 12:12 22 Nov 2008

His 'power' for further projects within the BBC will be severely dented by this.
And Ross may feel that he is better off jumping ship & moving to ITV now Michael Parkinson has left.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 review

Be inspired by powerful National Theatre posters from the past 50 years

How to use the new Photos, Notes and Safari features in macOS High Sierra

Galaxy Note 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie