Ross cleared of homosexual joke.

dagnammit 11:56 08 Jul 2009

click here

So it was funny that gay children should be put up for adoption. Ah I see, it wasn't meant to cause offence, you should have laughed at it....

All them gays who have strained relations with their parents should find it funny that wossy finks they should'ave been adopted have no sense of humour.

Ross is an embarrassment... the man is a full blown idiot with a huge ego and an obscene salary. Just one talentless factor in the I hate paying my license argument.

Cymro. 12:21 08 Jul 2009

I have no liking for Ross or his sense of humor but that seems to be the way of it these days. People like him want to push the boundaries of what is acceptable further and further all the time. I wonder where it will all end up if they are just left to get on with it without any sanction whatsoever.

But then what do we do about it. I don`t like to think of censorship coming in to stop this sort of thing as what is offensive to one may not be offensive to someone else. The very fact that Ross is so popular with the public must prove that he is doing something right even if I don`t like him.

If left to his own devises Ross may eventually cross the boundary of what is acceptable to the majority of the public and then he may just have to moderate his ways. But with public taste what it is I think Ross will just go from strength to strength

donki 12:37 08 Jul 2009

Ummmm I dont really see it as pushing boundries, that kind of joke would have been totally acceptable 30 years ago. 30 years ago there was much worse than that going about, there is already to much censorship on television. If you don't like it dont watch it, I hardly think his statements could EVER be taken seriously.

red1977 14:43 08 Jul 2009

"So it was funny that gay children should be put up for adoption. Ah I see, it wasn't meant to cause offence, you should have laughed at it....

All them gays who have strained relations with their parents should find it funny that wossy finks they should'ave been adopted have no sense of humour."

Pretty much spot on there. You dont have to take offence at it you know. I have some gay friends and they all thought it was funny.

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:11 08 Jul 2009

'People like him want to push the boundaries of what is acceptable further and further all the time'...you must have never heard of Lenny Bruce or read any of the original manuscripts of Shakespeare's then. Been going on for centuries and Ross is tame compared to the latter two.

G

Kevscar1 15:41 08 Jul 2009

red1977
Trouble is everyone,s sifferent I got slated for a gay joke I put on here but my Gay son and his partner had already heard the joke from me and thought it was hilairious

red1977 16:18 08 Jul 2009

You have hit the nail on the head. However a lot of people today seem to be happy to take offence on behalf of other people. I would rather hear from a gay person explaining why the "joke" is offensive.

Pesala 17:44 08 Jul 2009

as long as life goes one's own way
The man worthwhile is the man with a smile
when everything goes dead wrong.

mrwoowoo 18:52 08 Jul 2009

Soon the only jokes we are allowed to tell will be why did the chicken cross the road?
Second thoughts. We would end up with the RSPCA on our case.)O:!

Forum Editor 22:41 08 Jul 2009

it was a joke, and I very much doubt that a single gay person was offended by it. I think Jonathan Ross is childish, and his talent is vastly overrated, but give the man a break - he quite obviously meant no harm by it.

There's enough in the world to be seriously upset about, there's certainly no need to get all steamed up over something like this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?