Ronaldo

Kev.Ifty 01:54 01 May 2008

What a fantastic football player. One of my Hero's.

The way he can manoeuvre and deal with any surprise tackle is amazing.

tullie 03:00 01 May 2008

Maybe you could explain,the thread then may make sense?

wiz-king 05:00 01 May 2008

"The way he can manoeuvre and deal with any surprise tackle is amazing." not too good this time, his tackle was in the wrong place. click here

Monument 07:55 01 May 2008

Depends which Ronaldo are we talking about

rawprawn 07:56 01 May 2008

Overpaid,oversexed, and not too bright. Follow the link from wiz-king.

Quickbeam 08:21 01 May 2008

the test of time

For an inimitable footballing legend... click here

Quickbeam 08:21 01 May 2008

wrong link click here :)

Bingalau 12:41 01 May 2008

Have none of you heard about real footballers who knew how to behave and really were role models. I am talking about people such as Stanley Matthews, Tom Finney, Dixie Dean etc. By the way I still think Stanley Mathews would put Ronaldo and Ronaldino and george Best etc.,in the shade.

Picklefactory 12:57 01 May 2008

Whilst I applaud the skill level, fitness and pace of the modern stars, I think their attitude is appalling, barring a few exceptions. Christiano Ronaldo (If that is the one implied in the title) is certainly an exceptional talent, but just as big a spoilt prima donna as many of the top stars.
Believe it or not, I still play competatively at a very lowly level, but the rules that apply to us, do not seem to apply in the top flight. We are all regularly warned about controlling our language and behaviour, before the game by the referee, if we are too loud and let our control slip, we will be cautioned or sent from the field simply for dissent or foul and abusive language. Why are the likes of Mr Ronaldo allowed to swear vociferously, in front of an audience of millions and often at the referee with little or no penalty?
Skills - 10 out 10
Fitness - 10 out 10
Sportsmanship/attitude - 0 out 10

Jim Thing 13:12 01 May 2008

"...real footballers who knew how to behave and really were role models. I am talking about people such as Stanley Matthews, Tom Finney, Dixie Dean etc."

...and all for twenty quid a week — or less.

I remember hearing Stanley Matthews on TV talking about radio/TV commentators who praise wide attackers whenever they force a corner. According to Stanley M, that same maneouvre in his day would have earned him a rollocking from his manager for failing to deliver a decent cross.

Forum Editor 17:36 01 May 2008

that discussing individual footballers is a bit like discussing party-politics, or one's religious views - it's a potential minefield,and we should go very carefully.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?