Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees has died

Forum Editor 00:43 21 May 2012
  lotvic 01:06 21 May 2012

It was a sad way to go. RIP

Condom 01:18 21 May 2012

We often hear people talking about genius in the music industry and in this case it is deserved. For 50 years the Bee Gees produced worderful songs, not just for themselves, but for other great stars. Just like Lennon & McCartney it is difficult to say who had the major part in writing individual songs but serious music people can usually tell who took the lead despite their music carrying the R & B tag. He wrote some wonderful songs and what an inspiring and distinctive voice he had. My flatmate in London who was into Cream at the time used to mock me for liking the Bee Gees and called Robin the bleating sheep.

My thoughts go to Barry and to all the family in this difficult time but be rest assured Robin will never be forgotten.

Quickbeam 08:16 21 May 2012

The Bee Gees certainly defined the sound of the '70s disco as much as Donna Summer who also died this week.

He's looked very ill for quite a while as he's appeared a lot recently in connection with the Bomber Command Memorial that he's been instrumental in raising the finance to build.

Aitchbee 08:41 21 May 2012

Robin must have only been about sixteen when the Beegees had their massive number one hit "Massachussettes". He will be missed.

jillok 19:08 22 May 2012

Robin Gibb was such a remarkable singer that will be dearly missed. The Bee Gees are best known for their Saturday Night Fever soundtrack. This article is a great tribute to the Bee Gees and all that they have accomplished. http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/2012/05/top-10-bee-gees-awards

Al94 19:24 22 May 2012

Staying alive is the song that I find most iconic.

10 years ago I was in hospital for a week with a heart related issue.

The day I got home, the house phone rang and when I picked it up "Staying Alive" was playing - withheld number. Never got to the bottom of that strange event.

Another timesince I was at a funeral, as the coffin was carried into the church, someone's mobile rang - guess what the ringtone was - priceless!!

Aitchbee 23:48 22 May 2012

sorry, the 92 link was not intended.

finerty 12:54 24 May 2012

Ha Ha Ha Ha Staying alive staying alive, still a great tune and remember the old disco days and less not forget Donna Summer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone