Ripper trying to get out..!!!!!!

charmingman 14:53 14 May 2008

Has he done his time or not...? he's cost tax payers millions of pounds so if he gets his apeal rejected & he has to stay in for life or for the rest of his natural life why would it be that more money is waisted...couldnt they give him the electric chair or something similar... there is CLEARLY too mnay prisoners in prison & the money thats been spent on keeping this Animal in there could fund more prison officers etc...

click here

Seth Haniel 15:10 14 May 2008

"Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe aims to win his freedom by claiming his human rights have been breached."

let him rot

€dstowe 15:30 14 May 2008

Imagine what his existence would be like if he was released. Wonder if he's thought of that?

Earthsea 15:32 14 May 2008

There would be too much public outrage if he was freed, and it'll never happen.

Belatucadrus 15:44 14 May 2008

Very short.

Hmm, maybe it is time to release him after all.

Cymro. 15:44 14 May 2008

This is the sort of story that I would expect to see on the front page of The Sun rather than the BBC website.

I doubt very much if he will ever be released. No government, and especially one in as much trouble as this one is at present would ever dare risk the public outcry there would be if this man ever walked the streets again as a free man.

ray7 16:37 14 May 2008

"The Human Rights Act has done more for the victims of crime than the perpetrators."

I would love to see some examples....

crosstrainer 16:47 14 May 2008

Were he to be released, (he won't IMO) I don't give much for his chances. He should remain in prison, and whilst I am against the death penalty, there are occasions when you wonder.....

Jim Thing 17:03 14 May 2008

"James Welch, legal director of Liberty, said it was established law that all life prisoners should know the minimum amount of time they must remain in prison."

Someone should tell Mr. Welch that there's a very simple way to make sure that all life prisoners — and potential life prisoners — know what their minimum sentence will be.

Forum Editor 17:58 14 May 2008

of a lot of fuss being made about something that isn't going to happen. Like Cymro and fourm member, I would expect to see such rubbish in the Sun, where it belongs.

al7478 18:00 14 May 2008

Well, there isnt. We do'nt do that over here. Life, im afraid, does'nt mean life.

And i think you know the point he was making.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires