RIP Tommy

morddwyd 20:20 05 Sep 2010

Shoya Tomizawa was killed in a rare Moto2 fatal crash at Misano this afternoon.

Probably won't mean a lot to most, but I am sure there are one or two on the forum who, like me, will miss his style and verve.

Thanks for the entertainment, Tommy.

peter99co 20:24 05 Sep 2010
  peter99co 20:27 05 Sep 2010
  MAT ALAN 20:33 05 Sep 2010

A very sad day for MotoGP, been a fan for some years although not so much towards the two lesser classes, however i have watched quite a few races "and i emphacise RACING" this guy will be hugely missed for his dynamic racing style.
As a spectator sport it is without a doubt the most thrilling and considering what speed these bikes get to is a testament to their professionalism that their are "thankfully" not more accidents like this.
At 19 years of age and only in his second year of competition he was surely destined for greatness.

RIP Tommy....

Dragon_Heart 00:06 06 Sep 2010

From the view I had he slipped on the red & whites hit the grass with his rear wheel and lost it. One bike appears to have hit him midrif and he must have taken it full force as bike flipped over him after contact. Very fast section of track.

Rider protection has improved since I raced bikes but nothing can prevent these fatal injuries.

So young, my thoughts are with his family and team.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?