Is this right?

zimzala 17:23 08 Jan 2007

click here

click here

The first link is only 10 mins long,, worth a watch to see what is really happening over there..

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:00 08 Jan 2007

As the army cannot be expected to do everything what do you expect? Civilian contractors have been with armies for centuries and this is nothing new for anyone with a little knowledge of the real world.

G

Forum Editor 19:15 08 Jan 2007

Thank you - saved me typing almost the same words.

Jak_1 19:52 08 Jan 2007

We had civillian contractors out with us in the first gulf war, the Royal Fleet Auxilliary. They were the ones who kept our warships supplied with everything from food to ammunition. The armed forces need civillian contractors. Civillian contractors also served during the Falklands war and rebuilt the runnway afterwards. They are an integral part of our defence strategy, as they are in other countries.

zimzala 19:54 08 Jan 2007

Administrator,

This is been written after I have posted 3 times and each time you have stopped me replying or have just took the post down, obviously what I am relaying to your readers is true, no debate, just get rid of my posts.. freedom of speech I don't think so, not on here.

From previous posts it was interesting to read in your first comment how you totaly dismissed the idea of them chipping us.. quote "It's all sheer and utter twaddle, and anyone who stopped to think about it for more than the beat of a gnat's heart would see it for what it is - paranoid looney nonsense".

Then after I found some stories concerning this issue you changed your opinion to "The minute any government started implanting tracking devices deep into anyone's body without his/her consent"

Maybe it would be wise to actually stop and think for a moment what this will mean for us, because belive it will be compulsary or not doesn't matter.. only time will tell and if it does happen you may think twice about dismissing information that goes against the Norm.

People are far to quick to say it is all nonsense and a conspiracy theroy without actually finding out for themselves and not just belive everything they hear and read from the television and newspapers.

You will take this post down no doubt aswell, I just wanted to let you know that you are a misinformed person who gets a power trip from controling a forum and not letting the truth be heard.

zimzala 20:01 08 Jan 2007

So it is ok for the private contractors to kill inocent men, women and children.. that was the point. The killing of inocent lives.

Haliburton has won numerous multi million pound contracts and the Vice president just happens to be connected to them.

Our soldiers shouldn't be over in Iraq, they were sent there because the goverment claimed there was weapons of mass destruction, there wasn't any weapons, it was false, It was a lie.

Sending soldiers out there for what? From 18 years of age.

Whats wrong with the Iraq people rebuilding there own country, we could send finacial help, we have given millions to Haliburton.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:09 08 Jan 2007

'Whats wrong with the Iraq people rebuilding there own country'...you have obviously never been in a war zone have you?

'So it is ok for the private contractors to kill inocent men, women and children'...looks like the civvy contractors were being used for target practice as well.

'not just belive everything they hear and read from the television and newspapers'....where, may one ask, do you get your information then?

'you are a misinformed person who gets a power trip from controling a forum'....no, just someone who keeps the conspiracy theorists and loonies out.

G

Jak_1 20:14 08 Jan 2007

zimzala
Our soldiers shouldn't be over in Iraq, they were sent there because the goverment claimed there was weapons of mass destruction, there wasn't any weapons, it was false, It was a lie.

It's a popular misconception that GWII is/was about WMD. It's about oil, always was. It is why we have had a warship in the gulf area's for decades.
Not a total lie abouyt WMD, sure non have been found but then again it is a large country and access was not given to the UN staff to all places! Also not all hiding places for WMD were known, and probably never will be now. There is probably still a lethal cache of nerve agent secreted away somewhere, you know, the stuff that was used to kill tousands of Kurds!

zimzala 20:24 08 Jan 2007

Have you watched the film off google, or just making a disinformed comment.. and picking pieces out of my post and not replying to the whole context.

I don't understand why you are protecting these war/money mongers, you think it is ok for our soldiers to be sent over to Iraq then? Like I said for what, to protect what? to do what?

I'm sure the inocent men, women and children don't use the contractors as target practice and these are the people been murderd over there..

Also whats the difference between the Iraqi people building there own country back up and Haliburton doing it.

Instead of saying you obviously haven't been in a warzone, explain to me, give me some facts.

The Iraq people have a right to have their country back, they have a right to be free, not dictated to by America and the UK..

Jak_1 20:37 08 Jan 2007

zimzala

At the moment we are still there at the request of the Iraqi government! By the same token it is the Iraqi government who have asked outside companies to help rebuild Iraq and it's Iraq who pays them.
Iraq still is pretty much a war zone and people will be killed there for some time to come yet, whether they are civilian or armed forces does not come into it.
As Gandalf states, it is obvious that you have never been in a war zone! Bulits, bombs, grenades and rockets do not discriminiate who they kill. Remember also, certain Iraqi faction do not discriminate who they kill either.

Forum Editor 21:19 08 Jan 2007

first of all, kindly point me to where I said:

"It's all sheer and utter twaddle, and anyone who stopped to think about it for more than the beat of a gnat's heart would see it for what it is - paranoid looney nonsense".

I think you'll be looking for a long time, because I have never said any such thing.

I look forward to receiving your apology for that, and also for calling me: "a misinformed person who gets a power trip from controling (sic) a forum and not letting the truth be heard"

When you've apologised you might stop and think for a second about those last few words "letting the truth be heard", and tell me precisely what qualifies you to decide what the 'truth' is here. Have you first-hand experience of what the Iraqi people want?

I think that before you rampage into our forum and start flinging accusations around like confetti at a wedding you should understand that we're not a bunch of fools in this forum - we're used to conspiracy theorists ranting away wildly, without having a single concrete fact with which to back up their allegations, and we're not known for swallowing every story that comes our way. There are people here who know a good deal about war zones and combat conditions, and they'll see right through a conspiracy theorist at 100 yards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?